You know, stuff you have bought that you just really like.

Recently I was given some slate coasters by a friend as a present. They are really cool so looked them up (Just Slate Company in Scotland) and bought some large dining table place mats.

Oh yes, and a cheeseboard (inspired by Cheeseman).

豪華!

I like looking at them.

Tools!...............tools do that for me. A tool chest full of Snap On wrenches spread out like fine surgical instruments makes my heart skip a beat.

Also, Bonsai..... Even before coming to Japan 20 years ago I had about 25 trees back home and my mom has been caring for them all these years. Some of them are around 50 years old now and are looking rather handsome. I'm not a big fan of all the temples and such in Japan but a nice Japanese garden.... I really enjoy.

We have slate in our bathroom. Its a beautiful material.

Nice! .... we have this famous quarried Izu ishii blue/green granite stone in our onsen room....native to only the Izu peninsula.

not that i do it here, but when Im back home......reading of the sunday papers over the course of the morning

I love the daily ritual of reading the morning paper. Old ingrained habit.

I pay the paper delivery fee just for that, even though I could read most of it on the net later for free -- which is just not the same thing somehow.