New ipad imminent.

I'm down for an iPad mini if it has the retina screen. Will be pretty shocked if it doesn't have that this time.

Anyone use any other kind of tablets...they got better?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got some emails recently that promised to increase the size of my 'mini', I can send them on if you like! From what I gathered, tablets were involved.  

I haven't got a new ipad for a few years now. My "3" is still going strong, and the 2 as well actually.

Though I have noticed that with ios7 some things seem to be a bit laggy.

Might be tempted by a mini with retina, for the toilet room of course.

I have a Google nexus 7.2. Awesome little beastie that I use for my daily commute and travel. I tend to just download youtube (and bit bittorrent) videos and magazines straight to it for watching later. No middle layer like itunes in the way. The Andriod 4.3 op system is vastly superior to the previous android versions (which to be honest, where a bit clunky). This one actually works! Fantastic screen resolution.

I'm afraid I've never been an i product fan as I don't really like being told what to do by a man in black svivvy. Its too much sony's attempts in the 90's to lock everyone into their Sonyised exoskeleton .

I'm afraid I've never been an i product fan as I don't really like being told what to do by a man in black svivvy. Its too much sony's attempts in the 90's to lock everyone into their Sonyised exoskeleton .

Well 'ard!

:party:

We've got the original Ipad which I bought s/hand. Its been showing its age and will quite often crash back to the home screen, even out of the browser. Even simple games like Candy Crush will crash a lot of the time on loading. The solution, would you believe, is to turn the thing off and then on again. While it feels like a trip back in time, I can't say its particularly natsukashii.

I'm hoping that the new iPad will have better stylus sensitivity so I can take notes, file them by project, and also be able to search for key words.

One can only hope :-)

I just want the damn Nexus 5 to be announced. I've dropped my S3Alpha and my old S2 LTE has died in the last two weeks, and I'd much rather jump on the cheaper and better Nexus 5 than get an S4.

Has anyone tried the newish Nexus 7?

I'm also rather interested in this sexy little chappy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7NgPvQZr7A

Not interested in iThings. My mum has an iPad, got a birthday card from her grand-daughter (who is teaching in England) but couldn't see it because of "no Flash" on the pad. PITA!

But, at 90, me dear ole mum is doin' pretty damned good to be sending em,ails, watching vids of the great grand kids etc, all on the pad.

Interesting JA...I don't think I have ever had an instance where the "no flash" has been an issue. I'm not liking the price of the new iPad....might have to jump ship on my next tablet.

I'm going to get the iPad Air. It's basically exactly what I wanted. Super light, retina display and the new processor. The price doesn't bother me too much but I'm surprised that the iPad 2 hasn't gone down in price. I'm also happy that they've finally updated the iLife and iWork packages. It'll really come in handy for my job.

Productivity on my ipad has always been a bit too limited. I use Pages on my Macs but the mobile version has been a bit of a stinker to date. The new iWork does seem to be a few steps in the right direction though.

I'm more inclined to spend 6 man on a new Macbook than this iPad but we'll see. Please do post your impressions if you get it BM..