Watching the news and they don't half report some crud!! Sure the typhoon approaching is big news and some info to keep people safe is a good idea BUT getting an old man on to suggest that people use a raincoat instead of an umbrella??!! REALLY?! THAT'S what they are leading the news with?! Then he shows them how you can fold it up and put it in a bag while on the train.......... :doh:

Watching the news and they don't half report some crud!! Sure the typhoon approaching is big news and some info to keep people safe is a good idea BUT getting an old man on to suggest that people use a raincoat instead of an umbrella??!! REALLY?! THAT'S what they are leading the news with?! Then he shows them how you can fold it up and put it in a bag while on the train.......... :doh:

But it is rather good advice, isn't it?

;)

We just had the sirens going for a few minutes here.

Yes, it is raining heavily.

But no, from what I can see it's not going to be flooded any time soon.

Perhaps if we continue like this for hours.

They really like the precautionary drama don't they.

It seems that many salarymen have not heeded the emergency advice and are now struggling with umbrellas......silly billies must've missed the news

That, Mr Tubby, is exactly why it should be reported more widely.

:thumbsup:

maybe they should broadcast it over the big screen in Shibuya and alongside those sirens that Muika is hearing :confused:

The salarymen on the news look like they've woke up and been surprised at the weather :lol:

I got up at 3am to go take a look outside to make sure nothing was getting blown away as it was howling pretty good here by the water.....I turned on the news and immediately thought of you Tubby when the guy standing in front of the station (with helmet on of course) suggested using not one hand but two hands to hold your umbrella....just to be safe... :sj-lol:

• Like 1

Wish my kids had seen that TV news. At Disneyland on Tuesday it was pouring down. My wife and I had coats, but the kids decided umbrellas were better. Both umbrellas nearly got blown away, but they did keep reasonably dry, and of course umbrellas are useless on the outdoor rides.