Love the roadster.... The good Reverend Billy (Gibbons) would be proud. The LS2 is a nice match weight wise. It's a popular transplant engine for 80 Series Landcruisers. I just saw one this past summer up in Yokohama...cool.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Winter Stoke  

Then there's Sayama opening on the 25th. You haven't made it there yet, right?  

I am wearing them right now   for stokeness

Oakley's new movie streaming for free for the next 24 hours -

http://www.oakley.co...boarding-for-me

Bummer can't save it with Torch browser

Yeh, you'd think since it's a giant commercial for Oakley that they'd give it away for free. Enjoyable to watch though, especially the part where JP Walker starts tearing up. Wasn't expecting that to happen!

Less talking you say!

Ummmm...

lets see...

I went snowboard shopping in Korea and bought:

1. An airblaster hoodie knocked down to 20,000 won (2000 yen) that cannot be worn in general everyday affairs since its made for a giraffe.

2. Three cheap 10,000 won t-shirts i hate but i need new tshirts.

3. A kitty airhole facemask that im pretty sure is for girls. But its kitties!

4. 3 new beanies. Well, 2 technically (one was a beanie i already have and abused so much its completely out of shape). Each cost 10,000 won

Thats all the boring stuff. But filled three of the four big holes.

1. New pants. Green Burton cargos (10k/5k) for 100,000won (reduced from 250,000)

2. New helmet. Dont know what it is, but reduced from 100,000 ---> 50,000

3. New goggles. EG2. 139,000won, reduced from 239,000.

Lots of bargains. Really tempted to pick up the EG3s. The frame of view is mad, comes with a free clear extra lens, can pick my color/design (EG2 was only one pair - white rim, red chrome lens), but costs around 300,000. Im ghetto snowboarding :)

That was a nice bit of stoke. Only missing a nice pair of wrist guards and im all set. Could do with new bindings and did see some forces for 100,000. Might pop back and grab them if theyre still available. Definitely need some new boots as well especially given that mine were leaking in the off season slush. Maybe have to run with plastic bags on my right feet until then, but only saw 32 boots (they seem to have cornered the market). Speakig of cornering the market, bataleon is BIG in korea. Not sure if thats because polaris or whoever it was that held the distibution rights for korea no longer exist. Maybe theyre open distribution now so have a presence up and down the street instead of just the couple of shops last time.

And speaking of shops, seems we've lost about 20-30% of the stores from a few years ago. Recession definitely hit the snow market.

One last thing to point out, its definitely a somber season out there. Colors are all dark and BORING AS SHIT. Even hoodies and layers. Its all dark and moody. Guess Holden won.

Anyways, thats korea. Winter stoke success!

Also spent the entire day going through the threads in the build up to 2013 season here. Its been a proper fun stoke out :)

I had these wicked spy ones that fit snugly into any gloves, Im sure i bought them in korea, but cant find anything now except the bulkiest pieces of crap out there. I cant stop either, because i just know that the day i dont have them will be the day i need them. Its like the psychology of insurance. :)

I have the "seirus" wrist guards and they are pretty comfy as these things go... they fit under my gloves ok, but having said that I did get my wrist guards first, and took them into the store when I bought my gloves so I could be sure...

Watching the White Silk Road.....the Aussie boarders in Afghanistan....pretty cool seeing the kids get their first view of snowboarding and the eagerness to try it. Pity the rest of the place is messed up cos it'd be an interesting place to ride

Watching the White Silk Road.....the Aussie boarders in Afghanistan....pretty cool seeing the kids get their first view of snowboarding and the eagerness to try it. Pity the rest of the place is messed up cos it'd be an interesting place to ride

Thats a pretty good film, like you say, such a shame that the place is so messed up.