• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Winter Stoke  

Then there's Sayama opening on the 25th. You haven't made it there yet, right?  

I am wearing them right now   for stokeness

Still debating on which resort to get a season pass for.

A frosty and cloudy start here and now up to 5oC.

So far feeling quite cold today although it is supposed to be very mild today.

looks like some cold southeast storm is brew that should be enough to get the stoke out for the weekend. Storms building now dying off Sat morning

Still around on the net eh? Keep meaning to get back up to Hakuba but the Nozzle has been winning out the last couple years. Maybe this year... Is it still possible to get fresh lines in Hakuba. I heard the Scanddies are really eating it up..

Hey ger it is Japan when it starts to snow then there is always fresh. Nozawa is a good place I wouldnt stop going there if you like it. You know me I spend most of my days mucking around in the alpine when it is safe. Hakuba is the gold standard in Japan for terrain snow mix. It doesnt do all things best but you cant beat the balanace of easy access alpine pistes and trees. There is nowwhere is japan that offers the scale. Still Nozzle trees are very very epic when safe. Try to come up in March during the school break and ill go sking with you. All you need are boots. I have extra everything from skis (as long as you dont have monster feet) beacons, touring gear airbag packs. I think my hols start around the 19th of March and go to ab out the 4th of April or there abouts. April depends on whether I get another contract. Been here 4 years so who knows.

Everywhere in Japan is super busy this season the only thing that could damage that is Fukashima. There really isnt an us vs them anymore because people understand more about what they are buying into. Many of the big Niseko companies are filtering down south too looking to get in at lower rates like the early Niseko days. So many changes really and you cant under play the importance that Niseko has played in that.

Everywhere in Japan is super busy this season

Never one for the understatement, are you rider69.

Can I ask, what exactly do you know about how busy the Uonuma and Minamiuonuma region will be this season?

Or Zao?

Or the Inawashiro region?

Or places up in Akita?

Or over there in Fukui? Hiroshima?

Or in fact anywhere else other than the few major places that you probably do know a bit about?