• SnowJapan Admin

As we approach the winter season, perhaps it's time to remind everyone about the few 'rules' that we do have on these Forums.

They may not be popular and perhaps seem a bit 'spoilsport' at times (sorry), but... it's how we run these Forums, within our circumstances.

Please remember that these Forums are part of our website - a website that we run full time and put a large amount of effort into operating.

We don't have many rules but these are ones that we like to keep to. (And they are unchanged for many years).

Please:

- don't post links to, or 'promote' other websites/companies;

- link in photos that have logos;

- have a go at us because of our few 'rules'! ;)

This is pretty much a blanket 'rule' and that is actually really the only way it can work -- we are not singling out any particular website(s)/company.

Please do note that we are aware that many times people do the above things with the best of intentions. But there are also many occasions when this is not the case.

It's great that different websites and companies exist, but we don't feel that we need to allow their promotion on our own site.

Google and other search engines are fine tools to find lots of things!

(We will even often help if you PM us and ask us a question).

----

Anyway, I'm sorry to have to interrupt with such an uninteresting message.

Thanks for your co-operation.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Winter Stoke  

Then there's Sayama opening on the 25th. You haven't made it there yet, right?  

I am wearing them right now   for stokeness

It was a beautiful day today, cycled down to AEON mall near to Naebo station, a look back to the mountains showed a nice white coating.......Monday is meant to be decent snow in the city

Yeah another front is moving in and there's been quite a lot of rain in the milder air ahead of it earlier today. Colder air moving in now though so should be all white again by tomorrow morning.

Been raining off and on all day here, cleared now, and temps are dropping off nicely. Looks like it will be dry tomorrow and the next day here so no chance of snow just yet here, although probably going to go down to around -5oC or lower tomorrow night here.

I reckon time to get those winter tyres on tomorrow morning.

.....looks like the north and east of the island got a few cms overnight.

Most of the island did I think, it was just you city folk who missed out! We're just down the road from you, this is what I saw when I pulled back the curtains this morning.

med_gallery_11253_201_283325.jpg

There was around 5cm or so on the car. I was whistling a happy tune while I brushed the snow off it this morning!

med_gallery_11253_201_1140419.jpg

Stoked.

• Like 1

Ok got the stoke going with the first snowfalls. Going to be a long 3 months till I get there. Beautiful photo Go Native of Yotei really looking forward to seeing Yotei in all it's glory for the first time.

Teine is swathed in snow clouds so I guess it's getting the goods :)

This is the important part. I don't care if it snows in the city or the flat areas, as long as the mountains get pounded! There's a big circle on the 23rd in my diary, I'm counting the days.