I never get cold hands or feet.

so cant really recommend anything except to buy a good quality pair of insulated gloves.

I only wear a thin pair of socks in my ski boots and my feet are like toast.

I got some "outdoor" wool socks from Kmart pretty cheap, they're kinda thick(ish) but super comfy,

I boarded ( & Mrs Boolugu skied wearing the same socks ) in Niseko late jan/early feb and did not get cold feet.

Mid-price range ( $100 ) gloves from Mountain designs generally performed admirably, felt the cold one afternoon when the temp was about -17 and there was some pretty gnarly wind going on which bit through pretty sharp....

One thing i noticed which was kind of weird - on the coldest days during gondy / chairlift rides or when we stopped at the base and had a quick ciggie break between runs, the gloves kind of became stiff, maybe from transpiration freezing on the outside as the gloves "breathed" .... strange feeling it was

cotton is the worst for a ski sock - just ends up getting damp (especially if your feet sweat a bit) and then turn damn and cold. The thin wool ones do get dampish but they tend to stay warm.

I have a several pairs of smart wool ulta thin ski socks. I rarely have a problem, even when very cold (-25c at furano being the exception - that was freakn COLD!)

I suffer from cold hands and feet and finally found the warmest mittens but at a cost! Try the Burton 3L Hover Mitten which has a goretex outer shell, a goose feather mitten liner and also a thin 'finger' liner. I don't think there is anything else warmer other than the mittens worn by arctic explorers. I am still looking for something equivalent for my feet.

welcome Sheshredder!

I wonder if where you are from is a factor? Even after living 7 years in hot n sweaty Kanto, a good coat on top of my t-shirt would be enough for walking about any ski resort at night. I've never felt any cold in my feet or my hands..well actually for some weird reason, my pinky finger gets cold on occassion.....but generally I don't seem to suffer so bad as some other posters. It almost sounds to me like bad circulation!! :lol:

Hi everyone. Ive been skiing for a while now but I still struggle with the age old problem, my toes especially are in excruciating pain from he cold! Hands as well. Niseko last year was a struggle. We are back to Niseko after Christmas but I really don't feel like going through all the pain again. So, whats the answer? Ive tried thee activated charcoal pads. They seem to make your feet sweat, socks get wet and you know where that ends up! More socks dont help at all. What about heated socks? I havent tried them at all. My daughter is keen to give them a go. I'm looking to any and all input into this old problem. What are you guys doing to stop the freeze?

Try taking one Aspro or 1/2 or 200 mg of Ibuprofen in the morning, These are blood thiner so and adds better circulation. First ask Doc about it.