• SnowJapan Admin

On our Contact Us form...

http://www.snowjapan.com/contact

...we do point out that we're not a Q&A service and that we can't answer specific questions. So why do so many people use it to send us specific questions - ranging from boot size, the time of a train from Inawashiro to Bandai, the cost of ramen in Sapporo, snow depth at Mt Granview, and do we have availability in our hotel (!?) for 5 people between 5th and 8th January 2014 (no smoking please)?

!

Perhaps reflecting the new layout of the site and subsequent ease of finding it, or perhaps just generally increasing traffic, but we are getting a lot of these recently and it's increasing.

We don't like ignoring them, but at the same time, we simply don't have the time to reply to them. And becoming a Q&A service is not on our list of things we want to do!

Anyone able to help me out?

We need to re-word the blurb on our form so it is very clear that we are not a travel agency, don't own a hotel, or have a local map of Takasu!

Please submit your entries below:

:)

David, you might as well put:

'By filling in this form, I promise to send 10 meat and potatoe pies to SnowJapan World HQ in Minamiuonuma, along with 50,000 yen in cash. By the way, I am a right div.'

....because people don't read stuff.

;)

Must be frustrating though, gambatte!

Perhaps just make it that bit more clearer that you don't respond to Q&A, in fab red bold.

Though I can see why you might not want to do that either!

Please fill out the following form to contact SnowJapan with enquiries about the content of this website. Specific questions about ski resorts, hotels and Pies spoilers should be directed to the specific resort or hotel, alternately - you could post on our Forums asking for feedback. We will endeavour to get back to you as quickly as possible.Thank you very much.

Thats an improvement I think, thanks.

Would you mind if we used it, or bits of it? ;)

cough........ Complimentary lift passes...... cough...... ;)

For your own personal ski resort of course....2 double rooms non smoking

• SnowJapan Admin

Thats an improvement I think, thanks.

Would you mind if we used it, or bits of it? ;)

cough........ Complimentary lift passes...... cough...... ;)

In the post!

We're still discussing whether to go to all the effort of all that lift ticket giveaway stuff this season.

If you can wait until this evening I can write you a well worded disclaimer for you to use.

Im not on my computer now and typing on my phone sucks as I didnt bring my bluetooth keyboard today.

...we do point out that we're not a Q&A service and that we can't answer specific questions. So why do so many people use it to send us specific questions - ranging from boot size, the time of a train from Inawashiro to Bandai, the cost of ramen in Sapporo, snow depth at Mt Granview, and do we have availability in our hotel (!?) for 5 people between 5th and 8th January 2014 (no smoking please)?

!

Perhaps reflecting the new layout of the site and subsequent ease of finding it, or perhaps just generally increasing traffic, but we are getting a lot of these recently and it's increasing.

We don't like ignoring them, but at the same time, we simply don't have the time to reply to them. And becoming a Q&A service is not on our list of things we want to do!

We need to re-word the blurb on our form so it is very clear that we are not a travel agency, don't own a hotel, or have a local map of Takasu!

Please fill out the following form to contact SnowJapan with general enquiries. We will get back to you as quickly as possible. Please note that we can't answer specific questions about ski resorts and hotels - we recommend that you post on our Forums for feedback on those things. Thank you very much.

Ok here is mine.

I recommend keeping the bold type face as it will catch peoples attention and make then read the notice.

For general enquiries, please fill out the form below.

Please note that although we will endeavor to reply back to you as soon as possible if it is something site related, or if you have an issue with your account; we are however, unable to answer non site related questions, such as hotel bookings, travel related, train timetables, cost of living, snow depths at resorts, etc.

Should you have a non-site related enquiry, then please post your question to our forum where one of our regular members will try to answer your query as quickly as possible.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

• Like 1

!

I think the blurb you have there now (perhaps it is already modified?) is short, sweet and clear. If people can't be bothered to read and understand that, they will not wade through anything even more polite and longer.

I'd just bold the part about "Please note that we can't answer specific questions about ski resorts and hotels - we recommend that you post on our Forums for feedback on those things. Thank you very much."

If people send you mail asking about what boot size to wear on the train from Inawashiro to Bandai via Mt. Granview while supping on Sapporo ramen (non-smoking, please), then just quote that sentence back to them.

(But do please consider giving warning about pie-eater's spoilers... it's only sporting.)

Start your section with large red letters:

F#CK YOU MUTHAF###ER!!!

Now that you are paying attention please refrain from sending queries by email concerning non-site issues such as hotel bookings, snow depths, on hill food prices and other inane comments that should be directed to the resort or your hotel of choice.

Thank you for your understanding

:D