• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks folks. We'll try to make the change soon.

:friend:

Anyone who knows us personally will be very aware that taking on stuff like that is something that we absolutely don't want to do. We'll leave such services to the hotels, travel agencies and the like. They are more than welcome to it, we're not at all interested in being those things... the thought is very unappealing.

That's not to say of course that we don't want to provide general information on our site. There is a lot of info that we need to add to the site, and we're working on it. A constant work in progress!

• 7 months later...
  • SnowJapan Admin

By the way, clearly saying "please note that we are unable to answer non site related questions such as hotel bookings, travel and train timetables, cost of living, resort recommendations, etc." does not stop people sending emails via that form with non site related questions such as hotel bookings, travel and train timetables, cost of living, resort recommendations, etc.

:doh:

In fact, it seems to encourage them!!

:doh: :doh:

By the way, clearly saying "please note that we are unable to answer non site related questions such as hotel bookings, travel and train timetables, cost of living, resort recommendations, etc." does not stop people sending emails via that form with non site related questions such as hotel bookings, travel and train timetables, cost of living, resort recommendations, etc.

:doh:

In fact, it seems to encourage them!!

:doh: :doh:

The problem is mo matter what 'kind' to the point messages you use some people will anyway ignore it.

I suppose you could use 'PLEASE NOTE WE WILL NOT ANSWER ANY NON SITE RELATED QUERIES!' via this enquiry form

Maybe a little less polite and more direct will help its a difficult one.

• SnowJapan Admin

As you say some will always ignore it.

We're not wasting any more time bothering about this though.... they just get ignored. Not much else we can do.

• SnowJapan Admin

Just in. One wonders, did this person read the text above the box, where we said this....

Please note that we are unable to answer non site related questions such as hotel bookings, travel and train timetables, cost of living, resort recommendations, etc.

(I have changed all of the numbers and most of the places names below etc, even though there's no names at all)

I'm looking for 2 bedroom accommodation, transfers & ski passes for 3 adults in Jan 2015.

We want to stay in Rusutsu for 5 - 8 days, Neisko 5 -8 days.

Visit Tokyo for 2 days at the beginning of our trip

Be in Sapporro to see the Ice festival.

We will be leaving from Melbourne Australia and are flexible with dates and itinerary

:confused:

Isn't there a tour company in Niseko with a similar name.....ski Japan......I wonder if they are thinking they are contacting them but emailing Snowjapan. Still a PITA, you'd think people could recognise different names of websites and also read the info provided on the website and realise they aren't the same people

• SnowJapan Admin

I can understand perhaps a normal email....but these enquiries are coming via the form....which is only found on our website.

With that message at the top!

The only thing to do is ignore, as I think you do SJ-David.

Or how about becoming a travel agency? ;)

If people can't be bothered reading one sentence, they deserve no more.

• SnowJapan Admin

There's probably various things we could do 'to (try to) make lots of money', doesn't mean that I and my colleagues wish to spend our lives doing them though.

Travel agency kind of work has absolutely no appeal to me, so you won't be seeing that here any time soon.

Back in the UK many many years ago now, when travel agents were not regulated like they are now, and it was easy to set up one, just needed a phone and a computer connected to the internet, was dial up then, go to a seminar, get the CD and all the contacts needed and you were in business.

I did it for a few years as a part time business, made some cash from it, no middle man so good profits, but slowly more and more regulations came out making it harder to continue as a part time business, and I didn't have the desire to go full time, so gave it up.

Now I would imagine it would be really difficult to get into that without proper licenses, etc, etc.