If I was a newbie, needing to buy everything then I'd just buy board n bindings 2nd hand.....just look out for chips and dinks from the top sheet and big slashes on the base. The bindings make sure they are crack free and the ratchet thingy's haven't chewed all the plastic off the strips. BUT I'd definitely buy new boots.......everyone's feet are a different shape and you don't wanna find that half way through a day, that little rub you felt on our heel has turned into a crippling attack on ur foot! :) Best to have boots that fit you properly. The outer clothes.......well I just personally wouldn't. The thought of other people sweating into your clothes (even although they'll have been washed) no thanks :)

The outer clothes.......well I just personally wouldn't. The thought of other people sweating into your clothes (even although they'll have been washed) no thanks :)

i wouldnt buy others clothes either but just think about all the times you've slept in hotel bed sheets.

In my current newbie kit (from last winter), only the goggles and gloves were new. I might get some new boots this year, since the ones I have are a size small. But hey, the whole shebang (including clothes) cost about 20k, which is damn good IMO. And cheaper than buying clothes new and renting boards for my first season.

• SnowJapan Admin

steven, I did email you before regarding your For Sale posts..... We don't allow for sale/classifieds/advertisements on these forums, sorry.

Please don't post them again.

Thank you.

steven, I did email you before regarding your For Sale posts..... We don't allow for sale/classifieds/advertisements on these forums, sorry.

Please don't post them again.

Thank you.

Hi David,

Sorry I never received that email, I won't post stuff for sale up again.

This has probably been asked a million times, but are there any sites with good prices and cheap delivery to/within Japan? Trying to decide whether to get some more used boots like a scruff or just buy new. Price will probably swing it in all honesty.