It is definitely not "very cheap".....stop talking rubbish

Bargains can be had of course but new season gear is quite expensive over here. You can get last seasons gear for good prices at places but to say that it's very cheap is misleading at best

A number of brands that stop online sales from the US and have Japan side distributors are more expensive in Japan than the US. Some of them seem to choose their prices out of thin air.

Its not as if they can justify it on transport costs when the goretex 3l jacket which costs 30,000 yen more in Japan weighs only 400 grams.

New gear have a 300% mark up. It is cheap as chip if you have friends. No friend you end up paying the mark up like Tubs

I don't pay the mark up, I buy from the US and get it much cheaper

Yes Pies, i wish I had as many friends as John-san, not just that but I wish all my friends owned snowboard shops so I could get new stuff almost free at very very very cheap prices

I've bought a fair bit over the last few years and have had minimal amounts to pay....500¥ here and there, but mostly nothing added at all

I bought a bunch of stuff alst year and think the only thing I had to pay was about 800Y on a 35,000Y snowboard.