Probably just used to immaculate packaging in Japan there.

I doubt they can resell on stuff that has been actually opened and used.

But probably will re-sell unopened.

Would be interesting to know what happens to opened and slightly used things though.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got a pressure cooker on Amazon US and the box was half destroyed when it turned up. It had been sent directly from the maker in Germany. I buy lots of stuff on Yahoo Auctions and even with ordinary people wrapping the things, that has never happened before.

The cooker itself was fine, and at 80 yen to the dollar was about a third cheaper than getting it here. Dunno if I'd want to spend much time googling "pressure cooker" any more though!

If it is region free, doesn't that imply that some bespectacled science boffin at the company selling it has gone in to fanny about altering some crisps and other bits and bobs?

As far as I know, the big makers don't make them region free from the go, due to their Evilness.

One thing's for sure. If you want to contact Amazon, get them to phone you and speak to a human*.

It will probably still frustrate, but the copy/paste email 'suppose' only drives you up the wall.

Correspondence is frustrating, but they are usually pretty easy to do what you want them to do.

I have had numerous 'refunds' and replacements over the years, with little to no fuss.

I bought something on Rakuten for the first time last week.

It was a great price but thought the site itself was awful.

I suppose having so many different shops on there means it might get to be a mess but some of them are just outrageously bad.

I bought a new rear tyre and other bits for my bike from Rakuten and their system wasn't clever enough to automatically deduct the free postage for orders over 7000 yen.

I was warned by the shop, but the order went through with shipping added and the shipping was later removed when I got the non-automatic reply from the shop a couple of days later.

Programming-wise, you'd think it would be pretty simple thing to correct.

• 4 weeks later...

Amazon, the world's largest online retailer, is testing unmanned drones to deliver goods to customers, according to Chief Executive Jeff Bezos.

The drones, called Octocopters, could deliver packages weighing up to 2.3kg to customers within 30 minutes of them placing the order, he said.

However, he added that it could take up to five years for the service to start.

The US Federal Aviation Administration is yet to approve the use of unmanned drones for civilian purposes.

"I know this looks like science fiction, but it's not," Mr Bezos told CBS television's 60 Minutes programme.

"We can do half-hour delivery... and we can carry objects, we think, up to five pounds (2.3kg), which covers 86% of the items that we deliver."

• 2 weeks later...

Tesco have Heinz Baked Beans In Tomato Sauce 415G X 4 Pack for 2 quid online.

I don't know if that is the same as shop or more or less or what.

So anyway 50p.

I've just spent the last few hours calculating this and worked out that amazon.co.jp are charging nearly 5 times that price.