• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's sad that I feel I have to do this but I'm closing this thread now, for hopefully obvious reasons.   If anyone needs to actually discuss the "Cost of living in Niseko" more - or of course any of

I was living quite comfortably on 3000Y a day. Some days I probably spent less than that to be honest. Valumart will be your saviour, I bought a heap of fruit, vegetables and supplies once a week and

I've heard that about food from several people. The cost of living in Australia sounds savage.

So is it really that crazy that I didn't delve into the washing behaviours of people

Ever been to an onsen? :confused:

Of course I've been to onsens. 100's of times and of course I showered before entering the baths. But onsens are public baths. I can understand showering before entering a public bath. I do the same before entering a public swimming pool. I've just never showered before having a bath in my own home before. The idea of doing that in your own home just would never occur to me. Especially coming from Australia where water is not in abundance the idea of showering before having a bath is practically unknown. Is it common in the UK to shower before getting in a bath? Remember I owned my own home for most of my time in Japan or we had our own rental accommodation. Somewhat amazingly I never really thought to ask my Japanese friends their bathing habits within their own homes. Does that answer your question?