• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's sad that I feel I have to do this but I'm closing this thread now, for hopefully obvious reasons.   If anyone needs to actually discuss the "Cost of living in Niseko" more - or of course any of

I was living quite comfortably on 3000Y a day. Some days I probably spent less than that to be honest. Valumart will be your saviour, I bought a heap of fruit, vegetables and supplies once a week and

I've heard that about food from several people. The cost of living in Australia sounds savage.

Fortunately, people too F'in delicate to ``drag their luggage down snowy streets'' are unlikely to hit the mountain when conditions are at their best. :sjcool:

I :lol: 'd at that as well!!

If they think Niseko is a hodge-podge of ugly buildings, they obviously haven't been to any other resort in Japan!! :lol:

I must say it isn't a very good resort it's ugly there is no decent retail and the lifts don't really line up and it's full of Aussies and Rich Asians who all think pretty highly of themselves.

Luckily gets nice snow

The place that everyone loves to hate.

It's far from perfect, but it's trying to drag itself out of the 80s and become a modern ski resort.

There's no coherent and concerted plan but it still evolves towards that goal.

I agree that it gets more love than hate.......it's a balance to the nonsense......although TBF the nonsense has definitely decreased in the last few years. Most of N's exposure now is from overexcited newbies (which is cool, we've all been there).

What bugs me more are long in the tooth posters who post shit about the place they love to go to try and discourage ppl to go to these places like it was an unknown secret spot

What a ridiculous comment.

Virtiol?!

Focus in on a few comments which are far outweighed by the positive ones?

And even then some/lots of probably said in jest.

Way too sensitive.

I tell heaps of people how wonderful Niseko is my opinion as stated previously I don't like the place because of the people who go there (generalization based on my 10 day experience).

Luckily it gets such good snowfall and If I was younger, wasn't a hermit or had a business interest in the place I would be there every year.

What bugs me more are long in the tooth posters who post shit about the place they love to go to try and discourage ppl to go to these places like it was an unknown secret spot

Lol its the internet dude. Not everyone treats it with the same level of seriousness.

You can make it work for you or against you.

The development of Niseko should be around the areas other than hirafu to ensure that the mountain doesn't get clogged in that one area.

That's Hanazono and Niseko Village's problem. And one which they've been slow to address.