• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mt Granview

Dynaland Ontake Shiga Kogen

You get Aussies there too?

I want to hit up Moiwa to give it a try. You don't hear much about it compared to the big brothers.

Also lookin to hit up Rusutsu.

Moiwa is pretty good. go through gates at top of chair and traverse along ridge and drop in down to creek. nice.

or go skiers left and down that gully . but make sure you cut back in left about half way down. or you won't get out.

If its your first time, just go to niseko. I know it gets dogged on for being the obvious choice sometimes, but if i wanted to blow my mates heads off who could ride a bit but never experienced japan id send them there. Whats not to like? Big resort, awesome nighta, good apres, lots of varied pitches and terrain, fun slackcountry, mad powder? Ticks all the boxes for the ride.

If you have only a week or two and want to go kyoto and tokyo though, then go nagano (go nozawa and hakuba probs - and maybe myoko).

If its a couple of days and youre flying into tokyo, go yuzawa.

If you want a quiet peaceful japanese onsen experience, sit around yudanaka, go to the snowmonkeys, obuse (small town), shiga kogen, and nozawa.

All your base.... :)

Have spent 13 weeks skiing Nozawa so have got to know the village, the mountain and it's sweet spots pretty well but off to Niseko this season for a change for a month. Hope I won't be disappointed .

Zao

Kusatsu

Nozawa

Hey me too! Maybe we should meet up?!

Please remember to post when you will be at Kusatsu, hope to get two long weekends there this year. Would be nice to say hello if possible.

Wife is due with second child in mid January which is good, but will make me miss a big chunk of the season. I will have to console myself with some day trips to Appi, Hakkoda and Naqua Shirakami.

As soon as the baby comes out, book yourself a coupla weeks to get away from the noisy nights.

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see all the love for Gifu and Fukui.

Top target for me ths season is Madarao.

Also I purchased a few advanced tickes for skijam, Dynaland and Winghills so they are definitely on my hit list.

• 3 weeks later...

For me I would go with

Zao Onsen (really want to see those tree monsters)

White World Oze (New tunnel!!!!!)

and

Charmant Hiuchi (crazy location with crazy amounts of snow. Also might be a crazy drive in some crazy weather. Did I mention this place looks crazy?)