• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No....I'm pretty sure each day will still be 24 hrs long

The season is already starting here in Washington state, for one day anyways. At Crystal Mountain. From their Facebook page:

The Government might be shutting down, but we are opening up! Released in a press conference at the White Room earlier today, President John Kircher announced that the 2013 Ski & Snowboard Season starts and ends tomorrow. "It's about giving the people what they want," said Mr. Kircher. There's up to 22” of snow in places and we can't let a good thing go to waste. We will sell 51 tickets online at 4:00pm today - valid for gondola access from 10am-1pm tomorrow only.

Consider this to be lift-assisted early season backcountry skiing with very early-season conditions. Once you’ve made your sweet glory turns in Green Valley or elsewhere, you’ll have to either hike or skin back to the top in order to download (no other lifts will be running), or hike down to the bottom.

The cost is $15, bragging rights included. We’re not going to tell you what kind of equipment to bring as it should be obvious. This is Rocktoberfest. Ski with the weeds and early-season rockstars! We will post the link on our Facebook page at 4:00pm today. This is limited to the first 51 people to purchase a ticket online, limit two tickets per purchaser. Why limit it to just 51 people? It’s the start of our 51st season so why not. Game on!

It's the first time that's happened since I've been in Seattle, which is only 8 years. Of course this isn't the real start of the season. If only I had BC experience and was in shape :p But it's still got to be nice getting some fresh turns on Oct 1.

Of course the down side to all this is that it's been pouring rain down in Seattle. Not to fun.

On the Telly now (so it must be true).

Suddenly, winter will arrive once the heat goes.

I will stick out my neck and go into more detail for all you forecast fans.....

It will definitely get colder later this month, and colder still in November. And it will definitely snow at least a bit.

Please plan accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...