SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
stemik

Motorcycle license in Japan

stemik - collected and stored? What's with that then? I presume you don't have a garage for it to stay in, as someone storing it will cost a bit (right?)

No we don't have a garage but - i think we will build one next spring.

It actually wasnt that bad. it was 23,000yen and the price includes pick up from Hakuba and taking to Nagano and making sure the battery doesn't go flat over winter. I have to pick it up in Nagano in the spring. I thought it was rather reasonable.

What kind of place do they keep it in? Doesn't sound too bad.

I dunno what the licence place is like, but anytime I go to city hall or immigration or even the bloody post office, it annoys the shit outta me to see them handing my forms back and forth to each other, without seemingly doing anything to it…….I'm sure something is going on, but why does it need so many side passes, sucking of teeth, back pass, side pass, teeth suck, forward pass……..query to me, then the whole bloody thing starts again……JUST STAMP THE F###ING FORM!!!!! :veryangry:

Was thinking about this last night Tubby.

Reception window - 1

Buying 'stamps' - 2

Next person - 3

Eye test - 4

Next person - 5

Next person - 6

Next person - 7 (photo)

Get licence - 8

Yes, I had to go through 8 stages and different people to get the licence.

:lol:

That sounds a lot like me. I just liked the color and style and went for it. Because it was 400cc there wasn't much written online in English.

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.

Latest Community Content