SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
stemik

Motorcycle license in Japan

Kenny!

Mr Essex sure was the performer wasn't he. And lovely hair. I wonder if he and Shakey were friends. They must have crossed paths.

I'd love to have something like the Suzuki 650 or Kawasaki and get on them there mountain roads.

How are you finding the 400cc, stemik? As in, wish you had more power?

Kind of interested in getting a bike myself next year.

DB

I found the bike to be just about right for me being an absolute beginner, though on some open roads, I have thought to myself, is that all that there is...

Actually I had a crash. I lost concentration and slipped on some small stones on the side of the road, I was a little scratched the bike more so and had to go in for repairs for while.

because i already had a car license there was only a road test. Not too difficult. Need to do an emergency stop, navigate some chicanes, hill start and stay on a narrow bridge for about 8 seconds.

Sorry to hear that.

Interesting that it's only a road test.

Kind of interested myself. Sounds like fun.

getting the license was a little pricey at about 110,000 yen but it is good fun riding and it does save about 8,000 yen a month on gas for the car.

I bet it is fun actually especially with so many mountain road choices close at hand.

Never really thought about it but kind of interested myself.

Stemik, do you think you'll go out over winter on clear and non icy days?

Not at all!! The bike will be going into storage and coming out in April.

Just too dangerous and too cold.

Good choice

When I were young I used go have bikes out in any weather including snow, but if I had a bike now I too would not be using it during winter.

The only big chain like place seems to be Red Baron, at least in these parts.

They have tons of bikes in there.

There are a few bigish, but by no means large shops in Kofu, that have a good selection of bikes, but compared to the UK there just does not seem to be so many big bike shops in Japan, or is it just my area maybe?

Went to a Red Baron (I think) in Sapporo, they did indeed have a lot of bikes some real monsters as well - overseas makes too. Crazy massive Harley. Hate the look of those things.

There is a Harley Davidson shop about 100m from my house. Really nice looking bikes there. I'm seriously considering getting my license. In these parts, you could easily ride all year long.

There's a cool shop on Kita 5jo Teine Dori, on the way out to Teine, that has loads of cool choppers and muscle cars.....just a pity I can't drive

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.