Motorcycle license in Japan

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An interesting idea, stemik. Got me thinking too!

It's not cheap and it's a committment with time as well but... I have really enjoyed it.

After being very sceptical, I can actually see now why there are so many lessons - I'm a decent bike rider I reckon now! Fit to be on the roads. Which is more than you can say about some punks back home! There's plenty of time to get your own habits once you're out there but going out there as a solid and technically decent rider can't be a bad thing.

I'll no doubt get annoyed if I fail for some silly reason, but hoping I can get it done in just one test.

The school has the bikes and you use them. (I do not know if you can take your own or not but everyone I have seen learning has been doing it on these bikes).

Actually, no I bet you have to use those bikes. Reason? They have a special set of coloured lights on the front and back that show what gear you are in and when you are applying the front and back brakes. This not only helps you know what you are doing but also tells the instructors/judges what you are doing.

When I pass I'm going to get my licence and then go down to the local big bike shop for a few test rides and probably quickly end up getting my own bike! :evilgrin:

I passed!

:D

Thought it might would be borderline as I finished up as there were a few "imperfections" that I knew about, but luckily I didn't wipe out on any of the "instant fail" things which was a relief.

Anyway they passed me so all that lot doesn't matter now!

:dance:

Have to go and get my license now. And a bike!

Well done!

My bike is being collected on Friday and being put into storage until April.

it will be sad to see it go...but it has been fricking freezing riding these last few days.