Motorcycle license in Japan

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An interesting idea, stemik. Got me thinking too!

Did your mate pass first time?

I heard that if you havent taken any lessons and even though you are a competent rider, they will fail you a few times out of principle.

Did your mate pass first time?

I heard that if you havent taken any lessons and even though you are a competent rider, they will fail you a few times out of principle.

They failed him 3 times :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I had my first lessons yesterday

Apitude Test

This was a test with things like wirting inside boxes that got smaller matching different patterns and then 60 questions on attidude questions like " Do you show off in front of your friends?

Lesson 1

There were 4 others in this lesson, including a mother and son pair and one really cute young lady. :rolleyes:

The instructor was also really pretty and genki :rolleyes: I was in heaven! She showed us how to lift the bike turn it on change gear - all the basics.

Lesson 2

We were now in pairs only 2 per instructor. He was an older guy and at first he was kind of brash but soon he got us riding around the course following him. I stalled the bike a few times. It has been a long long time since i drove a manual car and pulling in the clutch is easy to forget. But by the end we were zooming around the course.

• 1 month later...

Cool.

Is that a bit 'retro'? I'm not up on current bike fashions.

I haven't got a clue. I just saw it in the shop and liked the look of it.

Looks great Stemik. I'm kind of jealous.

(40-50 man second hand for under 20,000kms. I doubt many owners will ride them for day to day stuff)

I bought it second hand, thinking I am only a "beginner" rider so I dont want to drop a new bike! (though I dont want to drop this bike either)

It is in really good condition, you can tell it has been looked after.

Looking at getting some saddle bags soon. Deciding to get black or tan...