Which 2 weeks would you choose for best snow?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2 weeks would you choose for best snow?

• Last week of December and first week of January
    • First two weeks of January
    • Second and third weeks of January
    • Last two weeks of January
    • Last week of January and first week of February
    • First two weeks of February
    • Second and third weeks in February
    • Last two weeks in February
    • Last week in February and first week in March
    • First two weeks in March

For the Shiribeshi area of Hokkaido

Most snow falling from the sky = first two weeks of January

More than enough snow falling from the sky + most terrain = first two week of February

Ample snow falling from the sky + most terrain + lack of people + sunshine = last week of Feb and first week of March

Second two weeks of January for nagano at least. It was somewhat disrupted by last year (january was rubbish), but usually for consistent drops thats the best time. They aint the heaviest, just the most chance of daily freshies. Late Jan/early feb seems to get the heaviest drops, but its such a crap shoot that if youre pushed for time you might end up (as i did every time i came over from korea) with extended periods of not all that much. Last year though was off the wall, and arguably even though i SAY that i got not much, i was in furano getting sunshine, whilst im pretty sure nagano was getting destroyed.

So er, still mid jan for me. The taps are on (usually) most of Jan, then it switches to massive splurts for feb.

Mid December to the end of January?!?!

:veryshocked:

Bloody hell talk about taking it easy.

It's the Aussie summer hols.....same as us in the northern hemisphere only we take them in July-August....approx 6 weeks