Was just talking about this with someone last night.

Pretty strange that as far as I can think, there are no love hotels in Yuzawa.

The nearest one I can think of is near the Shiozawa Ishiuchi IC.

Then the next nearest ones further out I can think of are in Muikamachi. But still very few here.

Was wondering if some towns basically don't allow them?

Or if there's much opposition to them.

Not that I want to use them of course you understand.

There are a few around here. I think it's just a function of population density and whether or not you have a highway nearby. I haven't used one since I was... young, dumb and full of .....c....... :wave:

There are a few around here. I think it's just a function of population density and whether or not you have a highway nearby. I haven't used one since I was... young, dumb and full of .....c....... :wave:

Let's guessing!

- Crap

- Carnations

- Coffee

Yuzawa is a long long way to go for a shag. I would have thought five minutes into Saitama or Chiba would be far enough to avoid bumping into the neighbours or someone from work. There's a bunch of them outside Nagoya around Inuyama, again probably for the same reason. Love hotels make their money by letting the room several times a day. You're not going to get many "rest" customers miles away from the city in Yuzawa.

fwiw, I know that at least one large Japanese high-class hotel in Hakuba has an official policy of not contacting people about lost property in case they were visiting in secret. If its just an overnight stay, you just go as Mr and Mrs whatever and no-one (with a brain) asks any questions. Every hotel is effectively a love hotel.

Well, I often go past the one near Shiozawa Ishiuchi IC.

Almost always during day time.

And I always take a cheeky look in to see if the curtains are down for each room (meaning there are cars in there). And of course cheer someone if they pull out from the love hotel into the road in front of me. :lol:

Based on those observations, I would say that it does pretty good business.

I would say there's more traffic using Yuzawa IC than there is Shiozawa Ishiuchi IC too.

fwiw, I know that at least one large Japanese high-class hotel in Hakuba has an official policy of not contacting people about lost property in case they were visiting in secret. If its just an overnight stay, you just go as Mr and Mrs whatever and no-one (with a brain) asks any questions. Every hotel is effectively a love hotel.

But not every hotel is shaped like a UFO, has a water bed, 'adult goods' and mirrors on the ceiling!

But not every hotel is shaped like a UFO, has a water bed, 'adult goods' and mirrors on the ceiling!

That's the old fashion. Every one just licks each others eyeballs now. ;)

What!?!?

Still want to try a water bed one day.

Ya... eyeball licking....Pinkeye is in...get with the program Nags.... ;)

Waterbeds died with sideburns, elbow patches, lava lamps and disco.... TRUST ME....let them rest in peace.

Re: the eyeball licking, the story about Japan you're supposed to believe this week is that some otaku walked home 800 miles in 10 days to Tohoku after being mugged at a trading card conference in Kyushu. That's three marathons a day for 10 days....

What!?!?

Still want to try a water bed one day.

Ya... eyeball licking....Pinkeye is in...get with the program Nags.... ;)

Waterbeds died with sideburns, elbow patches, lava lamps and disco.... TRUST ME....let them rest in peace.

Was put to bed at Aunt and Uncles place as a child on a Water Bed. Brother on the other side. I get motion sick, and he kept moving...needless to say I puked.

Waterbeds. Do Not Like.