I utilise resorts with night boarding often (because I am issue a season pass). Do you have a good night place to hit at night. There is a great jibe night at Yanaba and it is cheap as chips. If your in Hakuba you can catch a train right to the lifts (really about 100 m walk from the train platform). If you can get to Sun Alpina which across the lake from Yanaba, they have a pretty interesting run to sink your edges into as well.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of times it's snowing so heavily that you can have fresh tracks every run on the nighta in Hirafu. There'll only be a dozen or so people up there so It feels like you practically have the mount

Hate to be negative, but that doesn't sound as much fun as the Kanetsu-do.   Oh well, never mind!

Would like to try Hirafu.

I have found a fair few disappointing - like those in Hakuba.

Nisekos night skiing is simply amazing, it's the best I've ever skied. Ever. I agree Hakuba sucks for night skiing, but the terrain around there is far superior I think. Both have so many options that you really can't go wrong! Trying to decide Honshu or Hokkaido for this winter right now :) Hirafu night skiing... :D

Has anyone mentioned Niseko Grand Hirafu?

If you haven't tried it, don't. Try all the other places first. Otherwise you will never do nightas anywhere else.

Imagine my children's disappointment when they nagged us to take them to Thredbo's Nighta offering after 4 weeks of riding Hirafu Nighta... :lol:

That was the event where baby bear split his helmet when he scorpioned on the most unforgiving of hardpacked refreeze and the board edge connected violently with the rear of the helmet. They've never asked to go Nighta ANYWHERE other than Hirafu since. :D

As everybody stated, Niseko is the place. You can even score some untracked pow turn if you know where to go. It's just a few turn obviously, it's pretty much all tracked down well before nigthtime... But even 4 or 5 deep pow turns at night are well worth the pain in the *** of taking the chair in super cold condition after a tiring pow day instead of soaking in some onsen

Yeah, Hirafu night riding is epic when you score it at the right time!

Deep powder tree runs in the dimly lit sidecountry with your buddies. Happy days :)

Pretty much anywhere else sucks :thumbsdown:

I've had more fun at Naeba's small nighta area than I did during the day because it started snowing about 3pm and everyone headed home leaving me and my mates to lap the main slope that was quickly filling up with nice light fluffy snow