• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a joke.....why not somewhere else in Japan like Osaka, Hiroshima or Nagasaki? Why Tokyo again?

Perhaps because those cities weren't silly enough to thrown their hats in the ring.

I don't literally mean why not those cities NOW...I mean why did they put Tokyo forward in the first place?! If it was for a other city perhaps I wouldn't mind so much, but Tokyo has already hosted them.

Also the fact that the north east of the country needs major investment for rebuilding.....they are raising our taxes as a result....can the Olympics and use the money to offset the tax increase

That's a joke.....why not somewhere else in Japan like Osaka, Hiroshima or Nagasaki? Why Tokyo again?

Perhaps because those cities weren't silly enough to thrown their hats in the ring.

I don't literally mean why not those cities NOW...I mean why did they put Tokyo forward in the first place?! If it was for a other city perhaps I wouldn't mind so much, but Tokyo has already hosted them.

Also the fact that the north east of the country needs major investment for rebuilding.....they are raising our taxes as a result....can the Olympics and use the money to offset the tax increase

I seem to remember Osaka was in the running for a while. Don't remember what other cities may also have been in contention, but Tokyo won the domestic competition, and hence was then submitted to the IOC.

The example above with West Ham is possibly a good example. Let West Ham use the facility rather than be all elitist about its prospective use and bring awesome into the community.

It may be the opposite Mama because the stadium is far too big for West Ham and has a running track which pushes fans away from the action and make it unsuitable for football. Basically the stadium needs a massive rebuild.

I'm normally against that kind of thing, but with so much football on tv, clubs really need to focus on the match day experience and a half empty stadium with seats miles from the play is not much of an experience.

New fun dipstick quote from Ishihara

東京の五輪招致を打ち出した前都知事で日本維新の会の石原共同代表は7日、福島第一原発の汚染水問題がクローズアップされていることについて報道陣に対し、「被曝ひばく体験のない外国人は放射能について非常にナーバス(神経質)になっている。ハンディキャップになっている」と語った。

"The 7th , to the press , Ishihara co- representative of the Society of Japan Restoration foreign no " exposure -bomb experiences about the contaminated water problem at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is closed up in front governor who launched the Olympic bid of Tokyo told the people " have become . handicap is nervous to ( nervous ) very radioactivity "

Ishihara talking complete sense again I see