• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Winter Vacation I was born in Aussie, My Parents were round eyed Aussies. My grammar indicates that I was educated in Aussie. But I have limited similarities of an Aussie. I work the pass three sn

If you're laptop has an HDMI out, just plug it into your tv. The cable carries video and audio. If it doesn't have an HDMI out, you laptop should still have a monitor out (D 15 pin something or other)

Yeah, but it has to be in mp4 format........avi doesn't work. But I downloaded a free converter and all is good. The volume depends on how good the file is.....if it's been ripped well then the sound

• 1 month later...

OK so no, Hulu is not worth 980 yen a month. Not for me anyway.

Can't see much has been updated in the month since I started, apart from Japanese stuff.

Not much I want to see really on it, so cancelled the free trial.

Got to see Walking Dead 2-3 though.

its a wee box that you plug into ur TV that links your iTunes account on your PC or your Mac to enable you to stream onto your TV. It also carries in built apps such as Sky News, You Tube, Netflix, NBA TV, NHL TV and many various other things that allow you to watch internet content direct on your TV. Some you have to pay an extra fee for (as GG said with HULU) and others are free. I mainly use it to watch Youtube and movies that are on my PC, through my TV.

its a wee box that you plug into ur TV that links your iTunes account on your PC or your Mac to enable you to stream onto your TV. It also carries in built apps such as Sky News, You Tube, Netflix, NBA TV, NHL TV and many various other things that allow you to watch internet content direct on your TV. Some you have to pay an extra fee for (as GG said with HULU) and others are free. I mainly use it to watch Youtube and movies that are on my PC, through my TV.

So,ummm, movies that you've acquired and not bought through iTunes can be played through Apple TV? That sounds good. Is the volume the same as the tv? I'd like to watch Game of Thrones on the big tv rather than my laptop starting April!

If you're laptop has an HDMI out, just plug it into your tv. The cable carries video and audio. If it doesn't have an HDMI out, you laptop should still have a monitor out (D 15 pin something or other) and most flat screen tvs will have a connection for that. Hook up the audio from the laptop headphone jack.

I dunno what video outputs a mac laptop has, but the above should be good for windows.

A 900 yen non-Apple adapter will let you play video off a retina (4G) or later ipod touch via HDMI onto a tv. Most Ipads and Iphones should be able to do it too. To get video onto your iOS device without worrying about formats, install VLC.

• Like 1

So,ummm, movies that you've acquired and not bought through iTunes can be played through Apple TV? That sounds good. Is the volume the same as the tv? I'd like to watch Game of Thrones on the big tv rather than my laptop starting April!

Yeah, but it has to be in mp4 format........avi doesn't work. But I downloaded a free converter and all is good. The volume depends on how good the file is.....if it's been ripped well then the sound is fine

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...