As in, for example, the one Schweppes do back in England. (Indian Tonic)

Anything like that in Japan, and what's it called?

Thanks

Stay away! It's just ``soda pop'' no better than coca cola, empty calories.

At one time I drank huge amounts of it, never noticing just how much sugar intake it was.

Beer is not only tastier, it's actually healthier.

At one time I drank huge amounts of it, never noticing just how much sugar intake it was.

Yes. Let's make gin and beer cocktails, rather than gin and tonic.

No problems! Step two is to go to Costco where they sell cheap limes, about a quarter of the price of buying them elsewhere. You don't want to skimp on the lime!

IT, as in "Gin and IT" has high levels of quinine - a preventative against malaria. Hence the British fetish for G & T. IT is Indian Tonic water.

Oh, I know about the quinine/malaria/etc. And I love (I mean LOVE) the taste of Schweppes.

But I gave it up long ago when I finally realized that, like drinking Coke or any other soda, you're basically giving yourself a huge sugar injection.

Drink your gin straight and take chloroquine (if you live in malaria territory), your liver, heart, kidneys & pancreas will thank you.

TBH, I cannot stand the flavour - sorta reminds me of Campari bitter and not refreshing at all.

We drink a lot of soda water as mixer (with stuff like brandy, ouzo, whisky etc) and make our own from tap water (ex tank, so not treated) and CO2 injector (aka sodastream). No added sugar and cheap as!

Occasional coke is all I do, and I mean like every couple months or so, and only a small one. Unlike when I were kid, used to finish a litre at lunch to wash down the 2 pies 'n' sauce I had on a daily basis at work.