What do you do? Change the channel, watch Big Brother instead?

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. I agree intervention hasn't help Iraq or Afganistan.

Buggered if I know what the solution is.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the 60-70's, there have been brutal civil wars being waged all across the continent of Africa but there has been very little western intervention......why can they turn a blind eye to there but jump in gung ho the Middle East?

Since the 60-70's, there have been brutal civil wars being waged all across the continent of Africa but there has been very little western intervention......why can they turn a blind eye to there but jump in gung ho the Middle East?

Somalia. Yanks got their ass kicked.

The French and Belgians have been heavily involved in Africa for a long time now. The US also but more of a logistics role.

When the strong pick on the week. I think intervention is required. I'm not saying that's what's happening in Syria.

It's a bit like watching an old lady getting bashed by a thug and looking other way.

It's a bit like watching an old lady getting bashed by a thug and looking other way.

The case in Syria is more like an old lady getting bashed by an unknown assailant, and without making any effort whatsoever to identify the assailant or go through legal channels, a gang of vigilantes declare they are going to blame and go bash some guy they happen to dislike anyway.

The case in Syria is more like an old lady getting bashed by an unknown assailant, and without making any effort whatsoever to identify the assailant or go through legal channels, a gang of vigilantes declare they are going to blame and go bash some guy they happen to dislike anyway.

This

France and Belgium haven't been active in Africa in the same way the US-UK Axis has been active in the middle east

Yes, a much better comparison!

Well it seems the UK "people" have spoken and voted down the govt bill for military involvement.....wonders will never cease!!

How long do you give the govt before it finds a reason to go against the wishes of parliament?

Kerry seems to think those calling for no military involvement think that the chemical attacks didn't happen.......I think everyone would agree that those civilians did get hit by chemical weapons but we don't know who it was that used them!! That, for me, is the biggest sticking point.

What is FUBAR?

F.U.B.A.R. is an acronym for:

1. F*cked up beyond all reason.

2. F*cked up beyond all recognition.

3. F*cked up beyond all repair.

I really dislike Russia but I distrust the USA. Bush won the 2003 election with 60 million voter,s. 35 million voter,s for the other bloke (Al Gaw) . A total of 90 voters. So 100 million USA citizen don,t even care to vote. Bush only needed 45 million odd votes to invade Iraq. I am sure that the majority of world voters would of voted NO to the Iraq conflict. The UN reflected this. Now this is happening again. It a civil war. It really does not concern us. If the USA were in a civil conflict and they used band methods would the UN send in troop? Did the UN send troop into Russia,s civil conflict? No. WE ARE MADE TO GET MAD by powerful minority with self interests. I would like to mention that in Kalbul before the CIA got there the Taliban stock piled $ 20 billion of Narcotics. The USA paid the Taliban to keep it from reaching the world back market prior to 9/11. There was never no mention of this stock pile after the fall of the Taliban. By 2005 the world black market price for Herion was at it lowest ever because there was a flood of it on the black-market . All of this is fact and even documented in USA FBI Files release to congress. Along with numerous other dodgy world scandels the CIA are guilty of, make me never to trust USA politics. I feel that Egypt would of be better off today if the world stay out of it. This Middle East fighting has been going on and on and on. If they pour the money they are spent on the Iraq war into a reuseble fuel I think we would be using solar car by now and would we be so worried about Syria?