Oops, meant 2014. Dont tell the missus :lol:

And hope to be neck deep in pow, feb 14!

Am there a bit earlier, from about the 6 feb. ~ 10 days at R, 10 days at N

Hey Rucky

We will have to get some lines together I will be in R around that time get their on the 3 Feb

Sounds like a good plan.

Look forward to meeting up and thanks for offer.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn't know that. Beats by Dre are pretty sweet sounding. I don't really listen to music on the mountain, but sometimes I wish I did when they blast that godawful J-pop over the speakers that would

My goretex burtons are leaking after about 50 days too, worn out at the finger tips

These things look like my next foray into the glove world

http://hestragloves....ves/alpine-pro/

ive been a hestra fan for quite a long time until recently

i was very disappointed with my latest set of gloves (purchased at start of last season). they packed out almost immediately, were nowhere near as versatile as the previous pair i had (warm in cold, cold in warm), and the stitching for the leather is already showing signs of wear and coming undone.

the same stuff happened to my old pair, but after more than 300 days on snow plus snow shoveling!, these are failing after only about 100 skiing.

i think ill be getting something else next time.

which models were they?

Not this year because my skis are still good, but I'd like to buy some DPS 112's with dynafit bindings when they die. They will be expensive but they should last a long time. Still need to throw my Pontoons on auction too as I haven't skied them but three or four times. Wear and gloves are good. Oh maybe some goggles but that's about all I can think of at the moment.

My goretex burtons are leaking after about 50 days too, worn out at the finger tips

These things look like my next foray into the glove world

http://hestragloves....ves/alpine-pro/

ive been a hestra fan for quite a long time until recently

i was very disappointed with my latest set of gloves (purchased at start of last season). they packed out almost immediately, were nowhere near as versatile as the previous pair i had (warm in cold, cold in warm), and the stitching for the leather is already showing signs of wear and coming undone.

the same stuff happened to my old pair, but after more than 300 days on snow plus snow shoveling!, these are failing after only about 100 skiing.

i think ill be getting something else next time.

which models were they?

Army Leather GTX.

Had my hertsa gloves for about four years now all leather love them.but I only get about 18 days on snow each year.will give them the leather treatment before the next outing.

Anyone got some good recommendations for gloves/mits? Just wore a hole through my leather/gortex dakine ones.

I want some that will be warm for Hokkaido pow, last time my fingers froze...

Just got some gloves from Anaconda for $12 on special feel nice and warm and for that price I bought 2 one for spare

Backcountry has a coupon right now that bumps anything in outlet up to 40% off. Ordered an Arc'teryx Alpha SV. Little unsure on the sizing. But that's the best discount I've seen for that jacket so it's worth the gamble.

• 1 month later...

Looking to get a helmet this season, debating the Smith Vantage or Smith Sequel. Leaning toward the Vantage (due to finding NO reviews about the sequel, lol), unless anyone has some input? Got me some Smith I/O's last season and they were great, heard these will match up nicely with the helmet.

Also...do you wear anything under a helmet?

edit: Although, the POC brand helmet uses Beats audio, rather than that cheap skullcandy stuff....hmmmmmm.....

Norcal

I wear a thin wool Balaclava and love it I use it on my Motorbike as well someone mentioned silk is good as well although I haven't seen any

HA! I think I have one of those...didn't even cross my mind, lol. Thanks for the tip!

edit: Although, the POC brand helmet uses Beats audio, rather than that cheap skullcandy stuff....hmmmmmm.....

I didn't know that. Beats by Dre are pretty sweet sounding. I don't really listen to music on the mountain, but sometimes I wish I did when they blast that godawful J-pop over the speakers that would make The Who envious. I despise that about resorts.

• Like 1

Looking to get a helmet this season, debating the Smith Vantage or Smith Sequel. Leaning toward the Vantage (due to finding NO reviews about the sequel, lol), unless anyone has some input? Got me some Smith I/O's last season and they were great, heard these will match up nicely with the helmet.

Also...do you wear anything under a helmet?

beats audio.