Well the Aki-aji's here, I'm heading back to work tomorrow, I've already seen lots of dragon flies......that must mean that autumn is almost upon us and winter just around the corner........anybody splashing out on some new gear for the upcoming season?

I could do with new boots but I dunno if I'm gonna splash the cash. I pretty much updated all my gear last year.......although the Nitro slash 171 is an everpresent in my mind!! :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn't know that. Beats by Dre are pretty sweet sounding. I don't really listen to music on the mountain, but sometimes I wish I did when they blast that godawful J-pop over the speakers that would

Picked up some new boots, and will be offering last season's front-side skis for sale so I can pick up something less similar to my off-piste skis. The quiver needs widening.

If I get to the U.S. this season I'll be returning a backpack because one strap broke the second time I used it -- sad because I really liked it, probably just an unusual mfg defect from what in my experience is a very high quality brand.

Need a couple of new pairs of ski socks, a new hat, and would like to replace the boiled-wool inners on my gloves with something like hollofil.

Always on the lookout for a snazzy jacket/shell at a good price.

new for this winter:

Burton Spliff 148 Splitboard

Spark Burner Bindings + Mr Chomps

Voile climbing hardware + climbing skins

BCA Float 32 Airbag

Deeluxe Spark snowboard boots

Dragon APX goggles

Exped Downmat Sleeping Pad

Osprey 60litre Ski Touring Backpack

Big Agnes Pomer Hoit 800 fill -25c sleeping bag

G1 Ice Axe

G1 Crampons

I got new skis and boots this southern winter. My snowboard gear is perfect. No upgrade needed - with the exception of swapping the Fastecs for ratchet bindings for Japan. I want a pair of low back standard ratchet bindings...undecided as yet which ones - recommendations received with thanks.

Have bought new snowboards for all the cubs for this season, as the two youngest had well outgrown their boards, and the two older ones had well killed their old ones. They all did demo's to decide. All settled on Never Summer boards. Two Cobra's, an Evo and a Raptor. Christmas Gift buying COMPLETE ;)

Got myself another pair of skis. They're new to me, but one season old, bought from a mate. Line Francis Bacons, replacing another pair of Line skis that broke on me last winter.

Also got a new pair of ski pants.

Bring it on. (Both the aki-aji, and the autumn!)

My boots died on me at the end of last season, will need to pick up a new pair in the early season sales.

At first I was really leaning towards the Vans Andreas Wiig (basically a stiffer version of the Hi-Standard) but then I found out that Vans run wide and I have a narrow foot. Now I'm thinking of perhaps the Saloman Malamute.

Any recos for a good, stiff boot are welcome :)

My boots died on me at the end of last season, will need to pick up a new pair in the early season sales.

At first I was really leaning towards the Vans Andreas Wiig (basically a stiffer version of the Hi-Standard) but then I found out that Vans run wide and I have a narrow foot. Now I'm thinking of perhaps the Saloman Malamute.

Any recos for a good, stiff boot are welcome :)

I can definitely vouch for the stiffness, narrowness and longevity of the Malamutes, having worn the same pair for 5 seasons - just make sure that they fit you like a glove because your feet will change shape before they do!! :D

I can definitely vouch for the stiffness, narrowness and longevity of the Malamutes, having worn the same pair for 5 seasons - just make sure that they fit you like a glove because your feet will change shape before they do!! :D

Good to know Mick, thanks for the info. Do they pack out much? How do you like the lacing system?

Good to know Mick, thanks for the info. Do they pack out much? How do you like the lacing system?

I bought them nearly-new (from someone who gave up on them after one trip) so can't tell you what they were like from new, but they didn't seem to pack out much when I had them. They fitted me well but I always ended up with some toe pain in my wider right foot by the end of the day, so ended up replacing them with the less stiffer Salomon Synapse wides. No issues with the lacing system. Good boots all-round! :thumbsup:

I decked myself out in goretex, I cant believe it took me so long but its the best purchase Ive ever made by far.

Other than that Im building a handful of new boards. I want for nothing else (finally)

I decked myself out in goretex, I cant believe it took me so long but its the best purchase Ive ever made by far.

Other than that Im building a handful of new boards. I want for nothing else (finally)

Goretex. What did you buy?