Why doesn't Japan take in Asylum seekers.

Been to Japan many times, I've taken my kids there also and pointed out to them the many virtues of Japanese society.

This is only about sharing the bourdon burden and getting off their arses and helping out. The rest is just speculation on why they refuse to do so.

Sorry Mantas. Once is a typo, twice required correction. It kept making me think of bourbon!

now I know why this thread was making me so damn thirsty!

Migrant workers from Romania and Bulgaria numbered 141,000 at the end of June, a rise of nearly 26 per cent on the 112,000 recorded at the end of March. The figure was up 35 per cent year-on-year.

Commentators said the rise foreshadowed how nationals from the two former Eastern Bloc countries would come to Britain in even greater numbers when they gain access to this country’s labour market on New Year’s Day.

Ministers have repeatedly refused to put a figure on the likely influx, though ambassadors for the two countries told MPs earlier this year that they expected 35,000 more migrants to come here in 2014. The figures published today by the Office for National Statistics showed that 37,000 extra Romanian and Bulgarian workers have arrived since June last year, indicating that citizens of the two countries are pre-empting the removal of restrictions in the new year.

The steep rise did not appear to have been caused by seasonal fluctuations because in the same March-June period in 2012 numbers rose by just 7,000.

Sir Andrew Green, the chairman of MigrationWatch, which has estimated that 50,000 Bulgarians and Romanians will arrive every year for the next five years, said: “This increase of just over a third in Romanian and Bulgarian workers in the UK over the past year is a sharp increase on the previous trend.

Loads of room to spare! (Still!)

I think the biggest supporters of immigration into the UK are businesses who want cheap workers. It's them that the government listens to, not to people who think immigration is fabulous and brilliant just as some political belief.

As for Japan and asylum seekers, Japan uses lots of the world's resources in production or consumption and creates a lot of pollution, some of it now radioactive and going straight into the Pacific, so it might be nice to do something a bit better for people of other countries. It doesn't have to be a lot of them. Japan's population is falling by the equivalent of Matsumoto a year anyway, so it's not as if there isn't room.

:doh: Bloody auto correct. :lol:

Ya CAN, in fact, turn it OFF!

FFS! stop trying to blame the technology for your inability to spellcheck!

The asylum seeking thing is much more complex than you would have us believe, also!

• Like 1

I remember when someone was exploding/imploding to SJ-David claiming that the Forums themselves were auto-correcting stuff and wouldn't believe when it was not the Forums themselves but the browser or device doing it.

Yes, turn auto correct off on your device for a distinct lack of auto correct-ness!

:thumbsup: