For the few years I've lived in Japan I've basically felt that the summer is just too hot to do much of anything really. What do you all do? *Other than drinking with the understanding that drinking is implied in all activities.

I'd really like to know what to do. I'm thinking about finding a floatation device and just floating down the Tone river. I'd also like to do some driving.

Jump in the river, jump in the sea or jump in a swimming pool to cool off, other than that I think most of us avoid going outside at lest between 12-4pm, I know I do.

Japan in summer is tooooooooooo hot to enjoy doing anything outside. Actually so is all of Asia come to that!!!

• Like 1

Tubby speaks the truth! There's lots to do in Hokkaido over the summer. I do lots of cycling, camping, hiking, swimming.

And of course beer gardens.

I'm doing mostly the beer gardens :)

This may be a ski forum but the mountains are very nice the rest of the year too. Well, rainy season aside perhaps. Absolutely loads to do. 32C max here today and that's for easily the hottest day of the year so far. It'll be back below 25C within an hour or so of the sun going down.

Not sure how popular it is in Japan but have heard people wake board in off season.

There are some water parks here that have it.

Boarders that do both say it helps with practicing tricks as feels similar to boarding.

But could be fairly costly to gear up

Also heard some SJ'rs into canoeing but you probably know that

Love camping at Shikotsuko! We were out at Shakotan last weekend, that's beautiful too, amazingly clear water.

Been abit too wholesome and outdoorsy recently though. Going to be hitting the beer garden and Susukino this avo/tonight to remedy that!

Well, one good thing about the heat is my peppers grow like crazy.. Habanero, Jalapeno, and Japanese Togarashi. All hot but the Habanero's this year are extra fiery. This little picking today is the fourth batch of the season with three or more to go. :thumbsup:

720C5193-896D-47DC-8C29-E82048969512-1749-000000E6CA7ABFBF_zpsc17d27bf.jpg

395380B7-CDED-457A-B886-FFBA4E6D0B81-1749-000000E6AB844259_zpse533eb10.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks got some good suggestions. I don't know anyone with a boat here, so can't wakeboard. Wakeboarding is really hard anyway, I've tried numerous times and never could really get out of the water. I could go snowboarding actually, at Snova or Chiba Kings. I think I will try studying on the train at some point.

Those peppers look amazing! you're going to get 7 batches of those? awesome! I was considering doing some camping, but I don't own a tent. Also, I assumed that everywhere was crazy hot anyway.

Thanks got some good suggestions. I don't know anyone with a boat here, so can't wakeboard. Wakeboarding is really hard anyway, I've tried numerous times and never could really get out of the water. I could go snowboarding actually, at Snova or Chiba Kings. I think I will try studying on the train at some point.

Those peppers look amazing! you're going to get 7 batches of those? awesome! I was considering doing some camping, but I don't own a tent. Also, I assumed that everywhere was crazy hot anyway.

Ya, about 3 or 4 more until the plants give up around October. Lots of hot sauce to make.

Far too hot for camping this weekend......hardly any fun I figure.

Actually a place to head in summer is here in yamanaahi, Kiyosato or Nobeyama in Nagano both places rearly get to 30 except today usually 25 max on the hottest days and down to around 13-15 at night.

Nice for camping, hiking or having a cold beer or drinking kogen milk.