'I don’t oppose Islam as a country'

Hey, GN and GG - perhaps you'd like to get a room? Then you can argue all you like without being a PITA for the rest of us!

Hey JA...I'm waiting for them to kiss and make up.....er.... :confused: on second thought, maybe they'd better get a room eh??.. :wave: Luv hotel perhaps..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...and in the Old Blighty according to Tubby   A shared pain indeed!

Not that I view Wikipedia as authoritative, but it's usually a good place to start, and ``asylum'' is only part of the story:  

Hey, GN and GG - perhaps you'd like to get a room? Then you can argue all you like without being a PITA for the rest of us!

Hey JA...I'm waiting for them to kiss and make up.....er.... :confused: on second thought, maybe they'd better get a room eh??.. :wave: Luv hotel perhaps..

Works for me! Not sure about them other two but!

OK . I'll admit. Not a good example, but still not totally incorrect. Less than 100 000 Japanese Muslims (only 10 000 nationals) and less than 30 mosques in a country of 125 million people (as opposed to 340 in Australia with a population of just 24 million). It's hard to imagine that they are welcoming them with open arms.

That's not because of religious intolerance though Mantas. It's because Japan doesn't really have an immigration program. Only about 1.2% of the population in Japan is not Japanese. And most of them are Koreans or Chinese with a few Filipinos, Brazilians and Peruvians. There's a very, very small population of people from Muslim or any other countries. Also the Japanese as a whole aren't that big on taking up foreign religions be that Islam or Christianity. Buddhism is an exception but they're not really that into it.

Fwiw, I think for people in their twenties in Japan, over 4% are non-Japanese, over three times the average across all age groups. Maybe its a sign of things to come.