'I don’t oppose Islam as a country'

Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration television interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEqhn0M4XBo

As car crash political interviews go, it must surely be among the worst.

Stephanie Banister, who is hoping to represent the ultra-nationalist One Nation party in next month's Australian federal election, appeared in an interview with the Channel Seven network where she was challenged to justify her controversial views on Islam and her opposition to Halal food.

The 27-year-old began the catastrophic interview by appearing to confuse the Qur'an and Halal food with "haram", which is an Islamic term for something forbidden by God.

She went on to explain her views on immigration saying: "I don’t oppose Islam as a country but I do feel their laws should not be welcome here in Australia."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...and in the Old Blighty according to Tubby   A shared pain indeed!

Not that I view Wikipedia as authoritative, but it's usually a good place to start, and ``asylum'' is only part of the story:  

She doesn't even seem to be worth going through the effort of issuing a fatwa.....and we all know the penchant Islamists have for throwing those around.

she don't need no fatwa, she was given a fukwit from birth.

So you have idiots in Australia as well. That is certainly reassuring. I was starting to think that the U.S. had a stronghold on ignorance.

Ooooh, yeah! We got plenty of 'em! Just most of them don't want to be elected to Parliament! Of course there's the odd [very odd, sometimes] exception, and she's obviously one of those!

Troy?

:lol:

The man is actually very intelligent, OUTSTANDING in parliament - never seen anyone quicker with total recall of pertinent data.

But he is flawed. He's a very very naughty man. Brilliant politician, shocking husband.

Funnily enough he was on holiday in Niseko when he had to race back to Aus over that saga.

His offspring were in the same snowboard class as the cubs.