• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a good idea...... open up that left quad lift and the Milky Way course not just on Saturdays.   I might go more if they did that.  

Found:

MADO-GIWA-ZOKU

窓際族

the window seat tribe

The typical Japanese worker likes to be busy at work, and eagerly accepts positions of responsibility. However, sometimes employees who have passed their prime (or proven themselves unreliable) are given decreased workloads. These workers are often given a seat by the window, where they idle their workdays away. These workers comprise the so-called “window-seat tribe,” or mado-giwa-zoku.

Most mado-giwa-zoku employees are middle managers who have managerial titles, but no subordinates, and little responsibility. Japanese companies are traditionally hesitant to shed redundant staff, so the fate of the mado-giwa-zoku is a kind of “in-house retirement.”

Found:

MADO-GIWA-ZOKU

窓際族

the window seat tribe

The typical Japanese worker likes to be busy at work, and eagerly accepts positions of responsibility. However, sometimes employees who have passed their prime (or proven themselves unreliable) are given decreased workloads. These workers are often given a seat by the window, where they idle their workdays away. These workers comprise the so-called “window-seat tribe,” or mado-giwa-zoku.

Most mado-giwa-zoku employees are middle managers who have managerial titles, but no subordinates, and little responsibility. Japanese companies are traditionally hesitant to shed redundant staff, so the fate of the mado-giwa-zoku is a kind of “in-house retirement.”

Wonder if there's less of this type of thing with the economy being stagnant the last 20 years or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I'd update on this.

Lastest (multiple) rumours are that Kandatsu will not be featured in the print stuff that Yuzawa tourism office is making this year.

So meaning no confirmation that they will be opening.

Sounds like someone somewhere sometime might be trying to do something, but it's all rumourland.

I don't really see why it was so popular especially with

Kagura not much further round the road. I suppose it is sheltered in that little bowl so that if kags is on wind hold perhaps Kandatsu is still running.....but not helped when their best run is often closed