Maybe that's the lesson here. You may be buying a failing tourist attraction that brings in revenue from outside, but do not assume the local government will automatically give you the go-ahead (!)

I've not been and I don't know whether there is/are much accom or places to eat etc. near Kandatsu, but a year without much income for the ones that are must have them fuming.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a good idea...... open up that left quad lift and the Milky Way course not just on Saturdays.   I might go more if they did that.  

There's not that many places right near to Kandatsu actually.

The good thing for them is that there are lots of other Yuzawa skijo nearby, they are close to Yuzawa IC, and they are closer to Kagura and Naeba than other parts of Yuzawa (by a small bit!).

Having said that, I am sure they would much prefer Kandatsu to open, of course!

Does seem pretty dumb that they bought into it without knowing if they could operate or not.

With something so large, assuming doesn't seem like a smart way to go about it.

As muika said, any pensions etc round there are close to the IC and Yuzawa is quite compact.

It's better if not so many other folks are affected. Still it's going to be dozens of winter jobs at the resort and no revenue for company that has come in. Selling season tickets early is what ski resorts do to get money in, so that one has spectacularly backfired.

Roller coaster ride for those folk every year not knowing if the place will be open or not.

Spoke with someone who's friend has a pension near Kandatsu just off Route 17. They said that actually more of their regulars go up to Mitsumata which is a 10 minute drive away.

• 6 months later...

Yes those things. The most annoying being my favourite course closed on weekdays. I hate that. :grandpa:

Too many moguls for my liking too. If there were less moguls I would probably like it much more as there's quite a few steep runs, could really power down those.

I just never seem to love it when I go, despite the fine views.

It's a once a season place for me - when it's open of course. ;)

• 1 month later...