This time the company director/owner has 'run off', leaving salaries, bills etc not being paid....and it all looking bleak once again.

I first heard this last week, but put it down as a rumor. But I heard the same story now from a few other reliable people, one of whom is the friend of one of the now unpaid and nothing to do (ex) staff.

There seems to be a 'Kandatsu in trouble' story every year, so perhaps they'll somehow survive again....

Can't say I like the place, but it would be a significant bit of news if it closed up.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a good idea...... open up that left quad lift and the Milky Way course not just on Saturdays.   I might go more if they did that.  

Found this from May 9th it seems, so if he's still out of touch in late July.....

神立高原スキー場で賃金未払い

経理担当の社長と連絡とれず

湯沢町のスキー場運営会社「神立高原スキー場」の社員やアルバイトら約140人分の賃金1カ月分が支払われないまま、経理を担当していた社長と連絡が取れない状態になっていることが9日、関係者の話で分かった。

社員によると、支払われていないのは3月16日~4月15日分の賃金で、支給日は4月30日だった。従業員約140人のうち正社員は5人。未払い賃金の総額は把握できていない。経理は社長自らが行っており、普段は町外にいることが多かった。30日に電話で社員に「売り上げを口座に入れたら(賃金を)支払う」と伝えたが、9日現在、支払われていない。

また、8日には同社担当の会計士を名乗る人物からスキー場事務所に電話があり、「5日付けで社長が辞任し、自分が社長になった。今後、(会社の)解散整理手続きに入る」と話した。賃金については「売れる物を売ってから分配する」と説明したという。

今シーズンの入り込み客数は約14万人で、昨季比約2割増。竹之隈昌樹支配人は「業績は順調だと思っていた。今後どうしたらいいか分からない」と困惑した表情で話した。

町有地約130万平方メートルを同社に貸している湯沢町は「借地料は滞納していない。現在情報収集に努めている」としている。

同スキー場は1986年に開業。運営会社の撤退や名称変更などを経て、2009年から現在の会社が運営している。

Definitely.

There'll be no fannying about, that's for sure - Abenomics will have it sorted in time for tea tomorrow evening.

:thumbsup:

But really, some places seem destined to be constantly in trouble don't they.

How many times has it changed hands that place?

There must be something there that makes the next people think they can make a go of it.

Quite a few that I know of.

It's in an excellent location just 1km from the Yuzawa IC and 5 minutes from Yuzawa station. Gets decent snow in that bowl as well. And it used to be extremely popular and a fashionable place.

The article above actually says that the numbers for last season were 20% up. Perhaps someone will once again step in.

また、8日には同社担当の会計士を名乗る人物からスキー場事務所に電話があり、「5日付けで社長が辞任し、自分が社長になった。今後、(会社の)解散整理手続きに入る」と話した。賃金については「売れる物を売ってから分配する」と説明したという。

For those non Japanese readers out there google somewhat vaguely says:

In addition, there is a phone in the ski area office from someone claiming to be the company's accountant in charge of the 8th, the president resigned "dated 5, he had become president. Future, to organize dissolution procedure (the company) it was, "he said enter. And that has been described as "distributed from sell things sell" for wages.

:lol:

Whatever that doesn't sound very hopeful!

So they had 140 employees, but only 5 seishain? And paying fhe final paychecks will require selling off assets?

Good luck with that.

I'm going to guess we've heard the last from this one, sadly.

Seishain are basically unsackable, so I wouldn't blame any company for not having them, especially not one with such seasonal demand. The company may have had dozens of keiyakushain. The newspaper mentioning 5 seishain strikes me as some outdated way of reporting about a company rather than any particular indication of dodginess.

I guess it depends on the job and the company, but I had a friend who worked at a lesser division of a large Japanese corporation and they would get all the useless, troublemaker, and otherwise undesirable seishain dumped on them from the main company. My mate said one woman would take weeks off at a time and do no work when she did come in, which was always when the max sickie period was about to expire. Again, that mightn't apply to seishain across the board in every vocation and every company, but you used to get stories of companies making it difficult for people by sending them off to some farflung place or putting them onto some undesirable menial task, or famously just making them sit by the window doing nothing (madogiwazoku). You don't get that happening when it is easy for cultural, legal, or whatever reasons to get rid of people.

Can someone tell me what that quote from YuZawa town means in the Japanese bit above?

the skijo pay rent on the land, and that has also been unpaid?

Can someone tell me what that quote from YuZawa town means in the Japanese bit above?

the skijo pay rent on the land, and that has also been unpaid?

It says they are not behind on their rent payments to the town.