Anyone else try one of the 1000 yen McDonalds burgers today (or last two Saturdays)?

Had the Ruby something-or-other today.

It was actually quite nice. Nicer than a normal McDs as you would expect. But it certainly was not worth 1000 yen!

The crazy packaging (a firm box that looks more like a cake box, fancy bag) they put the thing in must have made up for a good chunk of the cost.

Took a few photos, will post later to show you what it looked like.

Anyone else try one of the 1000 yen McDonalds burgers today (or last two Saturdays)?

Had the Ruby something-or-other today.

It was actually quite nice. Nicer than a normal McDs as you would expect. But it certainly was not worth 1000 yen!

The crazy packaging (a firm box that looks more like a cake box, fancy bag) they put the thing in must have made up for a good chunk of the cost.

Took a few photos, will post later to show you what it looked like.

Was it good....but not 1200¥ good?!

I like the idea of truffle and mushroom on quarter pounder. Black Diamond?

But the packaging is just horrendous.

It's only available in Japan. Good. I'll not be wasting one of my meal rations on it while in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuYDXiK3mQ8

This dude needs some video shooting lessons too.

My god that looks terrible....(the video one). That had to have been sitting around for half a day or so before shooting. I'd still rather have the Big Mac than any of these.

This 'experiement' seems to have been tasting waters of a higher quality product.

But they just aren't cut out to produce a quality product. That video looks bloody awful.

McD's continued apparent success is baffling indeed.

McD's continued apparent success is baffling indeed.

One answer. DRIVE THRU!

Honestly, I reckon if there was a drive thru Sumo Salad, or even a drive through 'food court' style set up - you'd make a mint.

People like the convenience of driving up to a window, ordering something, driving a bit further, paying, driving a bit further and driving away with it.

Yes there are walk in users, but I reckon the viability would plummet if they stopped the drive through.

Correct.

And here in Perth we've got Chicken Treat, Hungry Jacks, Red Rooster, KFC, Macca's and countless types of drive through coffee.

They all do well, because they have drive throughs.

I don't really see the drive thru parts busy

Maybe an area where foot traffic is higher?

I am thinking International Success here.

Basically if you don't have a car in Perth - you are fooked.

Loads of these takeaway joints on main roads but not so much easy access for loads of foot traffic.

In fact many of them have taken to having TWO order lines with speaker boxes that merge to one for pick up.