Niseko Annupuri: 8

Niseko Grand Hirafu: 9

Niseko Hanazono: 1

Rusutsu: 10 (-1)

Kiroro: 8

Niseko Annupuri: 6 (+)

Niseko Grand Hirafu: 10

Rusutsu: 11 (-)

I havent been there, but i havent been there because the hotel situation seemed untenable for a cheapskate illiterate gaijin (last time i seriously considered it) so rusutsu can blow me :)

Kiroro: 8

Niseko Annupuri: 6

Niseko Grand Hirafu: 11 (+)

Rusutsu: 10 (-)

Although I've had some truly awesome days at Rusutsu and I've always enjoyed going there I think it's a bit overrated. For a start it's quite small with not much vertical. West Mountain has nothing worth riding unless you like hanging out at a 2nd rate park, which I certainly don't. It's only real use is access to Shiribetsu dake. East Mountain and Isola are where it's at but there's not really that much great terrain. And even the good bits are over pretty quickly as the vertical is so small and most have quite long, flat run outs. It's main attraction is that it's not as busy as Niseko and it's easier for the average punter to find untracked runs all day long. But for those who really know Niseko that's rarely a problem anyway. Since we're now calling it Grand Hirafu (which includes Hanazono) my vote goes there. I don't have a problem with including the terrain accessed by the gates as part of the ski area. Most of the decent skiing at Rusutsu is off piste through gaps in the ropes. They just don't have a gate system like Niseko.