Air conditioners......cheaper in September?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the typical Japanese view of seasons defined by dates on the calendar, I reckon they might start selling them off mid August.   Swimming? On September 1st! Never! etc.

I got that impression from Hokkaidonians too, Tubby.   Not in a bad way of course. They just love their northern island.

Well.......Ks denki currently have an offer on for people buying 3 air conditioners.......you get the third one at 50% off!

Good for someone like me wanting to buy three air conditioners!

Total, including installation, comes in at less than kakaku.

Offer on until Monday.

Bikkuri!

More on the deals here

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/23059-air-conditionerscheaper-in-september/

Shonan is usually packed right up to the closing parties of the beach bars on aug 31st, but September 1st......only the surfers and us crazy gaijin

The jellyfish story is the reason giving as to why Shonan swimming season ends September 1st

There's just been a thing on tv about beaches and pools and swimming and stuff and it said out of forty countries, Japanese people had the least swimwear on average.

The reasons it gave were that old people don't have any and the "limited number of days where you can swim compared to gaikoku". :doh:

Landlocked Switzerland was third in their list. :shifty:

Funnily enough, I've noticed that Hokkaidoians seem to be cut from a different cloth than mainland Japanese. They don't seem to follow the rules as much as Honshu peeps.....for example we went to a roof top beer garden last weekend and asked what date the beer garden usually stays open until and I was shocked at the crazy free thinking answer....they said probably September BUT they'll stay open as long as its warm enough!! :omg: I almost fell off my chair!! Also, they don't seem to recognise the authority of the bike bell.....they don't part on cue when you ring the bell!! (Actually this annoys the life outta me :lol: )

Dunno. I haven't really asked the question much. The big difference from here than Kanto, is that most people seem to be from Hokkaido.....not mix n matched by their company and placed all over the shop. Some have lived down south for a few years but said they had enough and wanted to come back and live in Hokkaido. People are fiercely proud of Hokkaido and all of its "stuff"

another one as well, the official opening of Dream Beach Otaru was last week's Umi no hi, but the beach bars had been open for a few weeks before and people were swimming even although it wasn't "official season" yet. Mind you I saw a guy swimming in May when I first went to check the beach out......in a very dashing pair of black speedos and thick goggles......he said the water was very cold! :lol:

I got that impression from Hokkaidonians too, Tubby.

Not in a bad way of course. They just love their northern island.

• Like 1

On the subject of air conditioners, decided to go with this deal and they even added in whatever needed in terms of covers and pipes or whatever as well, so there won't be any additional things needed.

Rather surprised, but in a good way. Lucky we went that weekend as it was only a 3 day deal by the looks. The aircon would have to come down by a very large amount to beat this deal.

• 1 month later...

Was in Ks yesterday actually to sort out a few things and did check on the aircon prices.

My 3rd one at half price deal still brings me in a fair few man cheaper than the best deal now.

so that's good.

He has also brought the price of the fridge down a bit as well. Was very apologetic about the mixup last week.