Air conditioners......cheaper in September?

Would like to get a new aircon.

Out of Japan for a few weeks over summer so willing to wait, if they are generally cheaper after the peak of summer. Seems like something that would likely happen.....what do you reckon?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the typical Japanese view of seasons defined by dates on the calendar, I reckon they might start selling them off mid August.   Swimming? On September 1st! Never! etc.

I got that impression from Hokkaidonians too, Tubby.   Not in a bad way of course. They just love their northern island.

I'm wanting to wait until September to sort mine out. It seems like a better idea than choosing now for sure and obviously we don't need ours in a rush.

Actually it's a potential 'situation' with our builders due to a somewhat vague situation regarding air conditioners and budget. :doh:

You know, it might be worth looking now as well.

There's so much competition, I'm sure there are some good deals out there and the shops offering things like extra guarantee, free fitting etc.

Whether it's as good as what you might get in September, I don't know.....

With the typical Japanese view of seasons defined by dates on the calendar, I reckon they might start selling them off mid August.

Swimming? On September 1st! Never! etc.

• Like 1

I was in Yamada Denki the other day here in Muikamachi and was amazed at how many aircon there were. Must have been well over 50 on the wall there.

How you choose from that lot!

They all looked almost the same apart from one kakkoi black one from Hitachi.

With the typical Japanese view of seasons defined by dates on the calendar, I reckon they might start selling them off mid August.

Swimming? On September 1st! Never! etc.

But Mr Wiggles......everyone knows that September 1st us the day the jellyfish come inshore!! They've been waiting out all summer to allow us our swimming time the least we could do is allow them inshore :grandpa:

Shonan is usually packed right up to the closing parties of the beach bars on aug 31st, but September 1st......only the surfers and us crazy gaijin

The jellyfish story is the reason giving as to why Shonan swimming season ends September 1st

Last year when I was looking they didn't really come down that much even early autumn.

You might be able to squeeze in a good deal before then I reckon. Summer bonus campaign etc

Can't imagine that they'd be cheaper now than in September myself.

Why do people buy them now anyway, and not in May before it gets hot. Are they suddenly really shocked that it's turned summer and (shock horror) hot or something? :confused:

Some of them sense where the people are in the room and concentrate on that area.

Perhaps they need to go in that killer robot thread from a while back.

Can't imagine that they'd be cheaper now than in September myself.

Why do people buy them now anyway, and not in May before it gets hot. Are they suddenly really shocked that it's turned summer and (shock horror) hot or something? :confused:

Well, sometimes (quite often I'm sure) the compressors fail or the gas leaks out during the 7 or 8 months not in use. It has happened to us once with the bedroom air con and also once in my previous LandCruiser... Both just blew coolish/warm air. Charging the truck system was simple and cheap but to get the bedroom system looked at it would have ended up being more than buying a newer cheap system. In the end I got an intact used unit for nothing and has been working fine for about 5 years now.