Essential - What is your preferred fish when ordering Fish n Chips

This came up as a conversation in the office when we had some English southerners and northerners in a meeting in the spare time before the conference started and we were discussing lunch options.

Cod, Haddock, Halibut, Plaice, Skate were mentioned.

What would you prefer? And why?

Atlantic salmon cant be beaten

You've obviously never had any Canadian west coast salmon. But maybe you're right....that Atlantic swill should be covered in batter and slathered with tartar....then it's pretty good. ;)

Haha..only kidding of course. Any salmon grilled with lemon and pepper is simply divine. I grew up fishing west coast spring salmon so I'm kinda biased I guess.

A few pics as well,,

A fishing trip from the 80's...that's my mum.

44088E9A-2193-4200-9BAE-25760E9ECEE2-18768-0000122C6FF477D8_zpsdb01f9dd.jpg

A 39lb'er I caught two summers ago.

D80download2051cr2_zps33f80b8f.jpg

Dad with an 80lb halibut. I've caught many 30~50lb but never any of the big slabs. Again, THE best white fish!!

588d8916-1463-4b15-ba41-e5f8b6728a92_zps1a5bc01f.jpg

• Like 1

My mouth is watering. Those fish would be very tasty coming from the clean Canadian waters.

Down Victoria way , flake (gummy shark) is the staple battered fish when ordering fish 'n' chips.

Nothing better than timing a fresh catch off the boats out of San Remo. Very nice tasting fish.

Head cropped so the focus remains on the fish and not my rugged good looks.. :wave:

That boat is my dad's friend's boat. His is quite a bit bigger than that little open boat.

My mouth is watering. Those fish would be very tasty coming from the clean Canadian waters.

Down Victoria way , flake (gummy shark) is the staple battered fish when ordering fish 'n' chips.

Nothing better than timing a fresh catch off the boats out of San Remo. Very nice tasting fish.

Ironically, that IS down Victoria way.... ;) Rucky.... thought you'd like to hear we have new 8 week old Border. He's a good looking boy!

Flake ... no bones! :stir:

Yep... No bones about it.... There are plenty of flaky opinions on which is the best F&C fish. Especially those extra flaky and not to mention wacky people who prefer crumbs to batter.. :wave:

Sharp is the go as paying for anything else they normally just give you a better looking piece of shark.

I always used to take it a few crayfish tails give one to the owner and get them to cook up the others.

Crayfish in batter is very nice