• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or just give us no information at all, and we can make wild guesses and make jokes!  

Are you allowed to split? Or must choose just one place? (Don't want to annoy the rules police :lol: )

Or just give us no information at all, and we can make wild guesses and make jokes!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yeah, but where in Hokkaido !? Access to the snow and considering all that. Tubbs don`t drive so it is predictable he is in Sapporo ;) :p but ....say don`t worry about work and all that , and whaddayasay?

Depends what you want out of life besides the snow in winter.

If it were me I would live in the mountains in the middle of nowhere a bit like am going to from Septrmber but at the same time be close enough to a large town that has most of the things I need which will be my case.

That way you dont need to live in a bonchi climate while at the same time having easy access to shops etc.

You also dont have to put up with thousands of Aussies either unless you want to of course.

How about live somewhere outside Sapporo or Ashidake if work is not an issue so you then have access to the slopes and the shops, etc as required.

Others who are living or have lived there I am sure can give you better advice than I can.

Man what a dream question, i envy you.

I quite like makkari. Its close to the big N and its better looking little sister R. Has its own grocery stores etc. Close enough to everything you need but far enough away to avoid the freak show.

Or Otaru for a bigger town close to sapporo resorts and kiroro aswell.

Or asahikawa if you want to be further north.

Cheers, really appriciate the offer. but I really mean We lost everything. I am camping in my parents backyard and have to wait for 3 months till I can get a visa so I can work. I reckon I stuff this and go to Europe and work the summer and come back with a visa. I will keep the rental situ in my mind

I'm looking to live in the Yananote area of Sapporo, over the back of maruyama and up the river into the mountains....it doesn't feel like Im anywhere near the city (I'm drinking by the river as we speak!) and Jynnx you say you've lost everything so eh....not driving a public transport should be high on ur list!! :D

Otaru is a shit hole and I wouldn't live there if u paid me :p

Cheers, goz. Just doin`it cos I don`t have anything left in OZ. Lost everything and I thought stuff being on the dole. Asahikawa is VERY tempting

What happened Jynxx?

I would head Hokkaido as well but would have to find somewhere to surf in summer or maybe by a lake with a boat

Hokkaido is a very cheap place to live. With your English/Japanese skills Jynxx I reckon you could probably pick up a job in Niseko pretty easily. Bilingual Japanese staff are highly sought after.

Thanks GN ... But I do not intend to be slave driven by a Japa Boss. Just because I look Asian and speak old school Japanese doesn`t mean I play the current employer=ee employment relation games. I wil call my own shots. After all, I don` need a sponsor for my visa. I get a resident visa without any employment restrictions

Well let's just say compared to Australia, Hokkaido is a very, very cheap place to live. Anyway if you landed a half decent job in Niseko, earning say around Y4-5 mill a year the cost of public transport wouldn't be much of a concern. Hell just buy a cheap car.

I'm talking jobs with foreign owned companies. They love getting bilingual Japanese staff. No issues with organising work visas and they really need and want bilingual staff. They're like gold!

I'd just approach some of the major foreign companies up there. Plenty can be found advertising on this site. As I say bilingual staff are highly sought after.