In a high end bar of one of the top end hotels in HK. Champs for 2 and barman brings over some bar snacks. French tourist reaches over and snatches some snacks, spilling some on the bar.

The waiter was as shocked as we were and immediately brings over a new bowl.

We don't share snacks :naughty: For all we know, this guy never washes hands after wazzing.

Posh place.

I find very few places WITH sawdust on the floor - I'd think again before going into one that DID have sawdust.

All that crap, wood, beetle poop, week old food scraps, and you are eating in an atmosphere that has THAT floating around? Not bloody likely! Well, not this little black duck, anyway!

do you ever manage to not take things literally.

A pub I go to give free peanuts un-shelled. The staff encourages throwing the shells on the floor. That's how they clear the tables anyway. By the end of happy hour, the floor is like ankle deep. I'm sure the monkeys go there more for the nuts than the beer.

theres a place in Alice Springs that does that.

Actually this reminded me of a funny story, a friend of mines went to Beijing a few years ago when he was studying Mandarin, he was in some foreigner pub and almost jumped out of his skin when he saw a large rat on the table across from him. He turned to the barman and pointed out the rat, the barman chuckled and said, "yeah, they like the peanuts" and went on with his busy work :lol: My mate got up and left

Beijing's 王府井 is a mecca for street food. Grilled skewers of lamb meat in Xinjiang spices being among the most popular. Recent news articles claim some vendors were using rat meat. With all the spices, this would be undetectable. YUM!