I think it was salty peaks online US store, they had a snap sale at one point where it was 35% off. Now they only have 20% off.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My input   Itermediate rider 80-85Kgs (depending) 6' who can handle Pow and trees but still not overly confident of going full tilt in trees and dropping off cliffs and features.   Burton Fish 156

Just ordered my Birdman 160 it will be intersting to see what the end cost will be including shipping and any GST

I think it was salty peaks online US store, they had a snap sale at one point where it was 35% off. Now they only have 20% off.

How much to get it home and who you going through?

I've been using "hop shop go" and they are super reliable. They only take 3-4 days to get here and they use DHL which is way better than FedEx. The cost for shipping the board, some 3L AK pants and some new goggles was about $90 to Melbourne.

I don't think I will use them again though as I just had a bad experience trying to get some skis here for my friend. They wouldn't repack the skis to a smaller box and that doubled the cost. Not happy. That said generally they have been really good.

Just cost me $250 to get goretex jacket an pants and a hoody from oakley (Plus 10% of the sale price), a few bags of inserts and 20m of base material, and 40m of snowboard edge.

Theyre not cheap at all. But what choice do you have?

ozsnowgear actually ship stuff for you and they have the prices on the website they don't seem to sell anything they are just a go between.

I have been quoted $286 to get a board from a shop in the states which I thought was a rip off.

Seemore I know I am a bit off topic here but I recall you were looking into comms stuff. How it go?

Back on topic - Looking at a good 2nd hand fish this afternoon, though.

What Fish are you checking out? How much the seller asking?

It was the last model before the est and I paid $250. Some SJr's may say that is a lot for an older -

2nd hand board but it was in perfect nick ( ridden 5 times ) and the seller helped heaps with delivery

so I didn't mind paying a good price for a pre loved board. Still a bargain compared to mark ups on new one.

Curiously, I placed it against the 162 est Malolo just purchased and by eye, couldn't see any difference in

the side cut profile but did notice difference in weight.The fish feels more solid / heavier. It will be interesting

to ride and compare. I got the 160 fish

And if I'm impressed then I will have to hunt down an est system fish so I don't have to carry around two sets of bindings.

Are you still searching Neck or did you make a deal with PaulG?

Gonna go check it this weekend. Pretty sure I'm gonna take it. 250 bucks seems like a fair price for a 2007 fish with only 5 days on it.

Seemore I know I am a bit off topic here but I recall you were looking into comms stuff. How it go?

Sorry Rucky not sure what you meant by the "comms stuff"

Comms - Communication.

Think I read in a previous thread somewhere that you might be looking into the above subject.

And was curious to see what you decided to go with if you did. From other previous threads I

know there are issues with what can be used and what can't in Japan and also the costs involved.

• 3 weeks later...

It was the last model before the est and I paid $250. Some SJr's may say that is a lot for an older -

2nd hand board but it was in perfect nick ( ridden 5 times ) and the seller helped heaps with delivery

so I didn't mind paying a good price for a pre loved board. Still a bargain compared to mark ups on new one.

Curiously, I placed it against the 162 est Malolo just purchased and by eye, couldn't see any difference in

the side cut profile but did notice difference in weight.The fish feels more solid / heavier. It will be interesting

And if I'm impressed then I will have to hunt down an est system fish so I don't have to carry around two sets of bindings.

Have you honestly found the ESTs to be that good?

We have just made the move away from the ESTs with the last 3 boards purchases.

My 3 youngest were on 2 different length Joysticks and a Custom, but they have just demo-ed some boards before purchasing (all Never Summer) an Evo, a Cobra and a Raptor. They demo-ed boards from a number of makers before settling ALL on the NS boards. Their only MUST when demo-ing was they MUST NOT have EST. All 3 have had a gutful of them for varying reasons and to varying extremes.

(Sorry not strictly Powder Board talk - although the Cobra and Raptor will go well in POW I reckon).

Just ordered my Birdman 160 it will be intersting to see what the end cost will be including shipping and any GST

Well done. The cost, whatever it is, will be forgotten as soon as you point that thing into a powder stash!

I was wondering when you would pipe up.

We can have matching boards :lol:

I am still keen on trying a Pinner still might buy one we will wait & see if they get back to me communication is pretty average.

I also bought a GNU Altered Genetics 162 2012 on Ebay last night brand new for $250 delivered which looks fun.

Also when you get your mervin manufatured boards take a file to the top sheet straight away and bevel them at 45 degrees. This helps stop them from peeling back like mine did.

Have you honestly found the ESTs to be that good?

We have just made the move away from the ESTs with the last 3 boards purchases.

My 3 youngest were on 2 different length Joysticks and a Custom, but they have just demo-ed some boards before purchasing (all Never Summer) an Evo, a Cobra and a Raptor. They demo-ed boards from a number of makers before settling ALL on the NS boards. Their only MUST when demo-ing was they MUST NOT have EST. All 3 have had a gutful of them for varying reasons and to varying extremes.

(Sorry not strictly Powder Board talk - although the Cobra and Raptor will go well in POW I reckon).

Hey mb

I've never used the est's before but from what you and others are saying I may not like - I have yet to try them out. However the idea of being easier/ quicker to adjust binding position / swap bindings to other boards (although the supposed benefit of feeling the snow better would only be recognised by other est boards) is appealing if carrying a quiver but if they dont work so good then I may take the other road and off load the malolo and the est bindings and stick to the extra bolts and base plates.