The FOOTBALL Thread (2013-2014)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before we get those fixtures, let me begin by confidently predicting that it'll be out year.

EXCLUSIVE: Man Utd to SELL Marouane Fellaini for £15 this summer

MANCHESTER UNITED are prepared to offload flop signing Marouane Fellaini - if they can find someone willing to stump up £15 to buy him.

Surely someone will buy him for 15 quid.

One QPR fan couldn't believe his eyes when he came home from work to find that his dog had eaten his play-off final tickets as the post arrived when he was out.

The fan tweeted a picture of his ruined tickets with the caption 'The dog beat me to the post....'

The picture went viral and it came to the attention of Rangers' striker Charlie Austin who tweeted his sympathy to the fan and asked the club to do something about it.

article-2637300-1E22E18900000578-603_634x686.jpg

No, I watched it at 9am though when it was replayed. Yeah exciting finish for Real fans, not so much Atletico. Actually the Champs League isn't really holding much interest for me these days.......

TBH, I'm not really that interested in CL either. I usually just watch the highlights once a week. This was an interesting final though since it was two teams from the same city. It has to be heartbreaking for Atletico fans but the team accomplished quite an amazing feat this season. As for Real, I guess it just goes to show what spending a billion dollars on transfers and fee can get you!

Danny Welbeck has expressed his frustrations about the frequency with which he has been played out of position at Manchester United, rejecting the chance to say he wanted to be part of the Louis van Gaal era and making it clear that he is still contemplating leaving the club despite the arrival of the new manager.

Welbeck, speaking for the first time about the uncertainty surrounding his future, said he had started to feel disaffected because of his “frustrating” inability to establish himself in the central role he craves. It had been his “unhappiest season, without a doubt” and the player is concerned it will continue that way when Van Gaal takes charge after the World Cup. “I’d like to play centrally,” he said. “I’ve been playing on the left for a while and it’s got to the time when I want to stake a place up front.”

The poor dear.

:console:

Now, go on, sod off. We don't be wanting a central roll for Welbeck.

Gareth Bale: ‘it feels like we are living a dream’

Once he hangs up his boots, sounds like he should fit in over at Hakuba!

;)

Them Welshies like their valleys!

Ferguson played Welbeck out wide for pretty much his entire last season. I'm not a formations person but it didn't look 4-3-3. Maybe he didn't moan back then because he knew how it would go down.