The FOOTBALL Thread (2013-2014)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before we get those fixtures, let me begin by confidently predicting that it'll be out year.

A beleaguered Alan Pardew admitted his players had underperformed since the turn of the year and let down the club's support as the Newcastle United manager was subjected to angry calls for his dismissal from the travelling fans.

Banners were unfurled among the 2,000 away supporters calling for Pardew to be sacked, with Newcastle fans chanting "It's six in a row" after the hour mark as the club sank to a sixth successive loss. The manager has overseen 14 defeats in 19 matches in all competitions since Arsenal won at St James' Park in late December, with his return to the touchline after a seven-game ban for head-butting Hull City's David Meyler having no discernible effect on his players.

I don't know what's wrong with these people.

Just give the man some time.

I hear he's a really decent bloke and is kind to small animals!

:grandpa:

they pumped Bayern, who are a pretty damned good team…….hope Athletico make the final…..that would make it one tasty final…….rather than the anti-football that Chelsea are likely to play if they make it, to try and contain Real's attacking zeal. Sadly I have a feeling Mourinho's anti-football will trump Athletico….hope I'm wrong.

A beleaguered Alan Pardew admitted his players had underperformed since the turn of the year and let down the club's support as the Newcastle United manager was subjected to angry calls for his dismissal from the travelling fans.

Banners were unfurled among the 2,000 away supporters calling for Pardew to be sacked, with Newcastle fans chanting "It's six in a row" after the hour mark as the club sank to a sixth successive loss. The manager has overseen 14 defeats in 19 matches in all competitions since Arsenal won at St James' Park in late December, with his return to the touchline after a seven-game ban for head-butting Hull City's David Meyler having no discernible effect on his players.

I don't know what's wrong with these people.

Just give the man some time.

I hear he's a really decent bloke and is kind to small animals!

:grandpa:

He's already the second longest serving manager in the Premiership, Wenger-lite if you will.

He may kind to small animals but he likes to push over the fourth official and heatbutt opposition players. He also reputedly got into bother at one former club for sleeping with the players' wives.

My guess is that he'll knee some commentator in the goolies next.

Another fantastic Alan Pardew fact is that in the four months of 2014, Manchester United under the mighty Moyes have scored more goals at St James Park than Newcastle.

Louis van Gaal appointment: ‘Players don’t like him and want to kill him’ says Manchester City's Ferran Soriano

Scary shit!

Media treating this as if it's almost a done deal aren't they.

Rooney has already spat the dummy and cried to the directors.......that's before he's even walked thru the door!! He's been successful at a number of clubs.....he doesn't need to be best mates with the players, just able to get them to do what he wants

What's Rooney said, haven't heard that? I just heard that he had a new bald patch on the top of his head this morning. :lol:

Lets face it most tabloid footie-related 'stories' need to be taken with a very large sack of salt. Most of it seems either made up or hugely exaggerated.

I havent been reading much the last few days but can't say I recall reading anything Rooney has said... do share Tubbs please.

Totally unrelated, but perhaps Rooney might even feel a little threatened? Maybe not.

Yeah, apparently he's worried about how close RVP is with Van Gaal, that he would be overlooked as captain and would play a secondary role again mainly to RVP. Also it's been reported that he isn't a fan of Van Gaal's strict methods.....which were described by Mehmet Scholl as being a huge issue with big ego players. It's been in a fair few of the UK dailies