The FOOTBALL Thread (2013-2014)

RVP has scored but had some injuries this season and of course there have been all the rumours about him not getting on with Moyes. I really don't know, obviously he isn't matching his first season. But lets not get onto the subject of team selections and formations made by Moyes.........

Isn't it often the case that if you take 1 or 2 in form players out of a team, they would be considerably worse off?

Anyway, we weren't brilliant by any stretch of the imagination last season, but the fact is that we did end up quite clearly winning it.

We're in 7th this year.

We are currently 23 points off the top of the league with 4 games to play.

Lets comparing.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before we get those fixtures, let me begin by confidently predicting that it'll be out year.

I'm with grungy on the he's had an pretty easy ride (considering what it could have been) comment.

It has only been the last few week(s) when the media has been critisising him really and journalists coming out saying he needed to go. Until then it was all he needed more time. Time for what, to destroy us?! ;)

Can't help feeling the journalist fans of other teams were just relishing the nightmare going on.

There's also this comment about him being a decent bloke. He may well be. But what on earth has that got to do with it??!

You're totally right. If you took Suarez out of Liverpool this season they wouldn't be contenders. RVP not performing this season has had a big impact as well. Something strange definitely happened with Moyes this season. It was like he thought that because he had a six year contract he could **** things up for a bit and had time to dick around with the squad until he figured out who he liked. Obviously that was a massive miscalculation. I know it doesn't mean much but even last year when I saw Man U in Tokyo something didn't seem right with the team. Maybe it's a hindsight being 20-20 thing but things even then didn't seem to be gelling.

I'm with grungy on the he's had an pretty easy ride (considering what it could have been) comment.

It has only been the last few week(s) when the media has been critisising him really and journalists coming out saying he needed to go. Until then it was all he needed more time. Time for what, to destroy us?! ;)

Can't help feeling the journalist fans of other teams were just relishing the nightmare going on.

There's also this comment about him being a decent bloke. He may well be. But what on earth has that got to do with it??!

There were stories as far back as last October in the media saying Moyes should go.

You're totally right. If you took Suarez out of Liverpool this season they wouldn't be contenders. RVP not performing this season has had a big impact as well. Something strange definitely happened with Moyes this season. It was like he thought that because he had a six year contract he could **** things up for a bit and had time to dick around with the squad until he figured out who he liked. Obviously that was a massive miscalculation. I know it doesn't mean much but even last year when I saw Man U in Tokyo something didn't seem right with the team. Maybe it's a hindsight being 20-20 thing but things even then didn't seem to be gelling.

I think a large number of United fans have just been pretty shocked at just how little clue he seemed to have in so many respects.

Like I said before, you don't come to manage United to learn on the job. You need to perform.

He was just totally way out of his depth << another thing he didn't seem to grasp!!

Anyway. Will be fun to see how we play tonight.

I'm just looking to watching a team that looks more like United.

There were stories as far back as last October in the media saying Moyes should go.

Not many.

Not loud.

Questioning whether he was right for the job etc, sure.

But he had an easy ride considering what was going on.

I think a large number of United fans have just been pretty shocked at just how little clue he seemed to have in so many respects.

Like I said before, you don't come to manage United to learn on the job. You need to perform.

He was just totally way out of his depth << another thing he didn't seem to grasp!!

Anyway. Will be fun to see how we play tonight.

I'm just looking to watching a team that looks more like United.

Yes. In the end you are right. He did seem totally out of his depth.

Sorry. I'm having palpitations about Everton's season so far. I just can't see us getting fourth and we deserve it sooooooo much more than Arsenal. We'll probably end up with the highest point tally for a given season for a team that ends up fifth!

Focusing on Moyes' sacking is a good distraction for me!

Please carry on ;)

:lol:

I'd rather forget actually and look forward! At least we have that now, it was like looking down into a deep smelly dirty never ending well until this last week.

Good luck with your 4th place!

Thank you. I'm off to the pub to get ready to cheer now. Every match means so much to us it's really stressing me out. If we make it into CL next season I'm going to take one or two trips to Europe to support our lads. It means a lot to me actually.

:thumbsup:

That is a happy and heartwarming story.

I'll be cheering along with you.

LOL! I know it seems over the top but there are other things going on with that that is hard to explain.

I'd take Bogbrush back! But only for 15 quid. And a pack of smokes! Just to have him on the bench for entertainment value of course!!!

Not read all off the hogwash on here, but surprising to see GG focus on him being Scottish.....shock....horror!

:yawn:

Certain Man U fans have very short memories......because I remember when loads of teams went to Old Trafford and won....when Man U were always mid to upper table.

Moyes did not do well, pure and simple and Man U fans are right to wonder why they went from champs to pure shite....and yeah that has got to lie at the management teams feet, but also the players......are they without a brain? Did they suddenly decide that they didn't know how to play? Don't respect tthe manage's style....sure, but you still remember how to play, right?!

The fact that he was given this amount of time, he should've been allowed to give it one more full season after a proper summer in the transfer market.....I thinks it's more a financial reaction from the Glazers than it is a football reason

With Moyes, I would say that did appoint him to learn on the job. There was lots of talk of stability when they appointed him and he wasn't a proven winner, making it something he would have to learn.

I agree with Tubby in that he hasn't been given a proper chance, but the various noises in the press make it sound like the players hated him and there was no way back. Ultimately its not about the manager, its about the fans and their hopes and dreams, so not giving your all as a professional footballer is poor.

Not read all off the hogwash on here, but surprising to see GG focus on him being Scottish.....shock....horror!

:yawn:

Well, actually I wasn't focussing on him being Scottish at all.

It was him being 'British', and that being the reason why he got an easy ride in the media.

I do remember when teams came to Old Trafford and won. It's a long while ago though, and forgive me for not being happy suddenly transforming back to that.

You're right though, we should probably have given him more time (to really screw us up further).

Apparently, this is the Chelsea who face Liverpool:

Schwarzer; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Kalas, Cole; Lampard, Mikel, Matic; Salah, Ba, Schurrle.

:confused:

My gran and he biddies could beat that lot of unknowns!