The FOOTBALL Thread (2013-2014)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before we get those fixtures, let me begin by confidently predicting that it'll be out year.

Wayne Rooney will seek assurances about his prospective role in the Manchester United team when he meets this week with manager David Moyes

"The front door's over there, lad. You have 30 seconds to get on the other side of it."

Come on Moyes, you know it makes sense.

And get over 30 million for him, some idiots would pay it. No cut price bullshit please.

Rooney’s representatives are expected to re-iterate the player’s desire to leave and his dissatisfaction with what happened last season when he was played out of position following the arrival of Robin van Persie, dropped for key games such as the Champions League tie at home to Real Madrid and had his fitness questioned by Sir Alex Ferguson.

:lol:

Pretty good answers to all of those points isn't there!

Wasn't one reason Rooney previously asked for a transfer because he didn't think United could bring in good players.

But when they come and play better than him.....!

But not like this

David Moyes officially joined Manchester United on Monday faced with a decision whether to sell Wayne Rooney to Chelsea for £20million.

20 million is ****ed up when you look at the prices of other players and the 'name' being sold. He says somewhat sarcastically.

He better not be offered an improved contract.

Or else!!! :grandpa:

Emotional Paulinho breaks down in tears as Brazil star confirms £17m Tottenham move.

'What have I done??!', he sobbed before adding, 'They told me I had signed for Wigan'.

• Like 1

I'm with gg on this.

Today is the day of the meeting, wonder if we'll hear anything from that. Probably just more silly rumours.

I thought this exchange on red cafe was funny:

Someone: Rooney's stock has clearly gone down quite a lot this summer, whether you think it's justified or not.

Someone else: He still looks fat to me.

----

Also

Sir Alex walks to royal box at Wimbledon pursued by journo: "Sir Alex have u got any words for the spanish press?"..."Yes adios"

:lol:

Seems it might not have happened.

:doh:

90+% of what is in the 'news'papers etc is all made up bullshit anyway isn't it.

I suppose it will be interesting to see what the real story is. Still want him to bugger off though, even if he didn't ask for a transfer.

"We don't want to sell Wayne Rooney and that's that," Moyes told reporters. "So I've come up with a compromise that will suit both parties. We're confident that it doesn't matter to him so much who he's sold to, just as long as he's sold. With that in mind, we're going to sell him to ourselves for, let's say, £62 million and pretend he's gone to a new club. He'll be happy about the large fee and since Sir Alex [Ferguson] is gone and we've got a new backroom staff is in place, he probably won't realize he's still atManchester United until after we've won the league again. Because, well, Wayne isn't exactly the smartest lemur in the car dealership now, is he?"

Actually saw the whole press conference.

He wouldn't clearly answer if Rooney has said he wanted to stay.

And Rooney hasn't said pip.

And if he's angling for even more cash like last time he can just piss right off (hopefully).

To me the whole thing was, 'He is probably for sale (the ugly bastard), he's in great shape and a great catch, come give us a massive offer'.