The FOOTBALL Thread (2013-2014)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before we get those fixtures, let me begin by confidently predicting that it'll be out year.

After not being far off with my Torres goal at Anfield ultimate irony script, my next version has Liverpool winning the league thanks to a goal from this man.

andy-carroll.jpg

Fatty Nolan is a Liverpool fan, so he might do the damage instead, from an AC knockdown.

Either way, I reckon it might just be a bigger banana skin for Citeh than Villa tonight.

Apparently you can get 10-1 on Liverpool winning the league now, which sounds like better odds than they should be. Citeh losing one game isn't that preposterous.

City win and expand their GD by 4.

Still, should Liverpool beat Newcastle 13-0 and CIty only draw....

Or Agent Carroll strikes of course!

City win and expand their GD by 4.

Still, should Liverpool beat Newcastle 13-0 and CIty only draw....

Or Agent Carroll strikes of course!

Perhaps they can speak to the West Coast Football Mafia up in Scotland, they always seem to be able to help their west coast teams to get just enough goals.

At the weekend, in the 1st Division, Hamilton needed to win by 8 clear goals at home to Morton (2 west coast teams.....coincidence?!) and Dundee to draw or lose at home to Dumbarton (another west coast team)...........lo and behold Hamilton won 10-2! Smashing all division records, JUST when they needed it....phew, that was close!! Mind you, no one told Dundee the story, because they won and the cheating glorious victory was in vain!! They did help Celtic pip Hearts on the last day of the season in 1986 to win the Premier title, after Celtic surprisingly got the 9 goals needed against St Midden (another West coast team....surprise surprise) to see off Hearts, who it appeared even in defeat would win the league on goal difference.

Liverpool are closely linked with the unwashed masses of Glasgow's east end.....so you never know!

BRENDAN Rodgers has admitted that allowing his team to leave Selhurst Park after 79 minutes to avoid traffic was a mistake.

Liverpool manager Rodgers made the decision when his men appeared to be on top with a 3-0 lead, but things swiftly turned around after they left.

Rodgers said: “In hindsight it was an error to withdraw my side in a bid to get a smooth run up the M1.

“But it can be a nightmare getting out of south London, especially when there’s football on.”

Palace visibly grew in confidence and enjoyed the majority of possession in the last 11 minutes, regularly finding space on the otherwise empty pitch.

Rogers admitted: “When we put the radio on and heard Palace had pulled it back to 3-2, I sensed we might be in trouble.

“It’s amazing how powerless you feel as a manager sometimes, especially when you’re at Newport Pagnell Services queuing to buy a Twix.”

I might choose to watch one of them instead of United!

Probably lots of flicking channels going on.

Should be fun watching the final games though... which one to watch, Liverpool or City?

City to see them win, then pool to see them all cry like wusses that they are.

Who will win?

Will City bottle it big time and let Liverpool win?

Will Liverpool even beat Newcastle.

We shall see, shall we not!

:)