The FOOTBALL Thread (2013-2014)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before we get those fixtures, let me begin by confidently predicting that it'll be out year.

As Moyes stood on the touchline, waving his arms like a blind man directing traffic, he resembled a parent chiding an unruly teenager for playing the music too loud upstairs.

And the response from those on the pitch was akin to the adolescent shrugging his shoulders and turning the volume up to full blast before the door had even been closed.

And he said we played well. That kind of clueless comment riles up people something bad.

:angry:

There's no shame left now. Hopefully we will lose our last 3 games badly - which there's a good chance of anyway! - and the pressure will just be too much.

FFS.

He simply has to go.

Hope Everton get 4th.

I thought this analogy was not shit, but shit. If you see what I mean:

He's like a turd that won't flush, no matter how many times you try he's still there looking like shit and actually just being shit.

MOYES'S UNWANTED RECORDS AT MAN UTD

United is guaranteed to finish the season with its lowest ever Premier League points tally

United fails to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 1995

United's worst home league form for over a decade

Suffered three defeats in a row for the first time since 2001

Eliminated in the FA Cup third round - something which happened just once under Ferguson

First ever home defeat to Swansea

First home defeat to Newcastle since 1972

First home defeat to West Brom since 1978

First league defeat to Stoke since 1984

First time United conceded a first-minute goal in the Premier League - Dzeko for City

First time Man City and Liverpool have beaten United home and away since EPL inception

First time Everton, Man City and Liverpool have beaten United home and away since EPL inception

First time Everton has beaten United home and away since 1969-70

First time Everton and Liverpool have ever done a league double over United in the same season

Apparently the Grim Reaper got kicked out. A bit harsh, I reckon.

Looking good for Liverpool now. They were a bit lucky against Citeh and again yesterday, but have had a great season. The fawning over Gerrard in the "quarterback" ( :eyes:) role and his penalties is grating, but good luck to them all the same. I reckon the most important thing was them fighting off that 40 million and one quid bid for Suarez last summer. In the standard system of things, big bids that exceed escape clauses and come from higher placed clubs with CL football are supposed to be automatically accepted. Liverpool didn't sell -> Champions (elect). Everton didn't cash in on Baines and they are CL (elect) now. Spurs sold Bale, the best player in the league, and have only gone backwards.

Man U this season have pretty much the best away record and the best record against the bottom half. Their record against the top half though is W3 D4 L10. 13 points out of 51. Citeh have 36 points off the same 17 games.

I reckon they were a bit flukey to get 89 points last year, so it was an unrealistic target, especially after the recruiting eff ups last summer and the disruption of a new manager coming in. So maybe 75 points was par. If they were kind of playing well, you might even accept a couple less. With the way they are playing though, the 63 or so points they'll end up with is piss poor.